One of the Pineapple Express DVD’s hidden gems is the purported “alternate ending” featured below. It’s amusing, particularly the paranoid bad-guy sightings (maybe they’d just imagined that whole gory blowout scene, too? Gah! I wish) and tender final display of dealer-dealee affection. But anything that would effectively delete the Pulp Fiction-y breakfast scene at the end of the theatrical release deserves no more credit than that. I wanted to liquify the essence of giggly James Franco in that diner scene and pour it all over every waffle in my blazing-hot future. This concludes the graphic portion of this PopWatch entry. Press play below. Thanks to Videogum for the tip.
Posted January 18 2015 — 7:47 AM EST
- Adrianne Palicki talks 'Agents of SHIELD' and Bobbi: 'a really interesting struggle for her'
- 'Justified': Jere Burns on Mikey's loyalty and THAT scene
- 'Being Mary Jane' director on portraying racism on TV
- 'Finding Carter' returns with its best hour yet
- 'Cougar Town' series finale: How the cul-de-sac crew said goodbye
- Casting Net: Hugh Jackman in 'Apostle Paul,' Stephen Amell in 'TMNT 2'
- Joni Mitchell hospitalized: 'in good spirits'
- Woe-woe-woe: 23 signature sad songs of the past 20 years
- Jailbird watching: 13 memorable movie prisoners
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- Alicia, Nicki & Bey, Brooke Shields, Helen & Katie and More!