Hollywood has found its next marketable archetype, a species known as the shopping-center security guard. Kevin James’ Paul Blart: Mall Cop recently bowed to $39.2 million, putting the heat on Seth Rogen’s similar-themed Observe and Report (out April 10), while Fox just picked up a mall-cop comedy pilot. Perhaps in this economy, Hollywood wants to give some mundane occupations a second look. Hey, James Bond may not seem so tough once we learn what court stenographers really do in their off-hours.
Posted January 23 2009 — 12:00 AM EST
- Vanessa Bayer shares backstage photos of Jennifer Aniston on 'SNL'
- Box office: 'Moana' tops for second week, Disney sets industry record
- Marvel's 'Luke Cage' renewed for season 2
- Los Angeles Film Critics Association Awards: See the list of winners
- Hollywood responds to 'Last Tango in Paris' rape scene controversy
- Ezra Koenig gives John Lennon's 'Imagine' a 'Seinfeld'-themed makeover
- Morrissey cancels remaining tour dates
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big