Hollywood has found its next marketable archetype, a species known as the shopping-center security guard. Kevin James’ Paul Blart: Mall Cop recently bowed to $39.2 million, putting the heat on Seth Rogen’s similar-themed Observe and Report (out April 10), while Fox just picked up a mall-cop comedy pilot. Perhaps in this economy, Hollywood wants to give some mundane occupations a second look. Hey, James Bond may not seem so tough once we learn what court stenographers really do in their off-hours.
Posted January 23 2009 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Terminator Genisys' reviews: What are the critics saying?
- Rihanna's 'Bitch Better Have My Money' video is bonkers--and totally NSFW
- 'Sesame Street's' Maria is departing after more than 40 years
- Casting Net: Michael Ian Black and Missi Pyle sign on for 'Slash'
- Blood Orange releases Charleston-influenced song 'Do You See My Skin Through The Flames?'
- Rihanna has done something no one else has ever done
- Chumbawamba launched Kickstarter for I Get Knocked Down documentary