Hollywood has found its next marketable archetype, a species known as the shopping-center security guard. Kevin James’ Paul Blart: Mall Cop recently bowed to $39.2 million, putting the heat on Seth Rogen’s similar-themed Observe and Report (out April 10), while Fox just picked up a mall-cop comedy pilot. Perhaps in this economy, Hollywood wants to give some mundane occupations a second look. Hey, James Bond may not seem so tough once we learn what court stenographers really do in their off-hours.
Posted January 23 2009 — 12:00 AM EST
- Some banned 'Pokémon Go' accounts will be reinstated
- Phil Collins, Leslie Odom Jr. sing 'Easy Lover' at U.S. Open
- Colton Haynes accepts HRC award: 'Equality is our birthright'
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star Darrell Ward dies in plane crash
- Florida Georgia Line talk working with Tim McGraw for 'powerful' new video
- 'A Monster Calls' release set for awards season
- Sturgill Simpson slams Academy of Country Music over Merle Haggard Award