Hollywood has found its next marketable archetype, a species known as the shopping-center security guard. Kevin James’ Paul Blart: Mall Cop recently bowed to $39.2 million, putting the heat on Seth Rogen’s similar-themed Observe and Report (out April 10), while Fox just picked up a mall-cop comedy pilot. Perhaps in this economy, Hollywood wants to give some mundane occupations a second look. Hey, James Bond may not seem so tough once we learn what court stenographers really do in their off-hours.
Posted January 23 2009 — 12:00 AM EST
- Watch Coldplay's hilarious 'Game of Thrones' musical
- 'Wayward Pines' exec producer Chad Hodge's post-show dish: Why (SPOILER) had to die
- Casting Net: Gabrielle Union heading to Jamie Foxx action film 'Sleepless Night'
- 'The View' eyeing two new cohosts?
- 'The Help' director Tate Taylor to helm 'Girl on the Train'
- Pete Davidson live tweets his 'Harry Potter' marathon, gives 'dope as f---' review
- Reese Witherspoon as Tinker Bell: Disney developing 'Peter Pan' spinoff 'Tink'
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- Melissa McCarthy: Did you know she was in...?
- Kendall & Lily, Jon Bon Jovi, Chanel Iman and More!