Hollywood has found its next marketable archetype, a species known as the shopping-center security guard. Kevin James’ Paul Blart: Mall Cop recently bowed to $39.2 million, putting the heat on Seth Rogen’s similar-themed Observe and Report (out April 10), while Fox just picked up a mall-cop comedy pilot. Perhaps in this economy, Hollywood wants to give some mundane occupations a second look. Hey, James Bond may not seem so tough once we learn what court stenographers really do in their off-hours.
Posted January 23 2009 — 12:00 AM EST
- Kristen Stewart, James Franco, Helena Bonham Carter join 'JT LeRoy'
- In defense of Cuba Gooding Jr. as O.J. Simpson
- 'The People v. O.J. Simpson': How the White Bronco chase was recreated
- 'Star Wars' meets 'Mario Kart' in 'Star Kart' fan video
- Courteney Cox sitcom 'Charity Case' lands pilot at Fox
- 'Frozen' holiday special to air on ABC in 2017
- Ben Stiller, Penélope Cruz strut on 'Zoolander 2' premiere's red-carpet runway