Hollywood has found its next marketable archetype, a species known as the shopping-center security guard. Kevin James’ Paul Blart: Mall Cop recently bowed to $39.2 million, putting the heat on Seth Rogen’s similar-themed Observe and Report (out April 10), while Fox just picked up a mall-cop comedy pilot. Perhaps in this economy, Hollywood wants to give some mundane occupations a second look. Hey, James Bond may not seem so tough once we learn what court stenographers really do in their off-hours.
Posted January 23 2009 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'UnREAL' vs 'Everlasting': New cast members recall their own confusion
- Box office report: 'X-Men: Apocalypse' snuffs 'Alice In Wonderland 2'
- Duncan Jones remembers showing dad David Bowie 'Warcraft'
- Dancing stormtroopers do 'Dirty Dancing' on 'Britain’s Got Talent'
- Jeremy Irons says 'Batman v Superman' was 'overstuffed'
- 'Jessica Jones' star David Tennant ponders superhero bathroom breaks
- 'X-Men' fans try to get into Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters
- The Best Summer Vacations in Movies
- See Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Photos From Disney Channel Original Movies
- Getting 'Close' With Nick Jonas: See EW's Exclusive Cover Shoot
- Carpool Karaoke: James Corden's Most-Watched Videos
- The Most Famous Swimsuit Scenes From TV and Movies
- See All of Entertainment Weekly's X-Men Covers