This run-of-the-mill slasher remake — about ?a killer clad in a miner’s outfit who dispatches a significant portion of a small town’s population — starts in spectacular fashion. Yes, the ?Lionsgate logo looks absolutely amazing in 3-D. To be fair, there is also an early bit of business involving an eyeball that you probably won’t — ahem — see coming. And the fact that the psycho’s weapon of choice is a pickax does lend itself to the 3-D treatment. But what really leaps out at you about My Bloody Valentine 3-D is its lack of imagination. C+
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Horror; Starring: Jensen Ackles, Jaime King, Edi Gathegi, Kerr Smith; Director: Patrick Lussier; Author: John Beaird, Todd Farmer, Stephen Miller, Zane Smith; Release Date Wide: 01/16/2009; Runtime (in minutes): 101; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted January 23 2009 — 12:00 AM EST
- Mark Hamill to return as The Joker for 'The Killing Joke'
- Hugh Jackman shares final ‘Wolverine’ teaser image
- Casting Net: Morgan Freeman leads up action film 'Down to a Sunless Sea'
- 'The Bachelorette': And the 'winner' is...
- Richard Linklater in talks to direct Jennifer Lawrence in 'The Rosie Project'
- 'All the Bright Places' starring Elle Fanning finds its director
- HBO developing new Wild West drama series 'Untamed'
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Matthew & Keri, Katy Perry, Cate Blanchett & More!