Daniel Craig and Jamie Bell (Billy Elliot) have been cast in the Steven Spielberg-directed The Adventures of Tintin: Secret of the Unicorn, according to Variety. Bell will play the young reporter Tintin in Unicorn, the first movie in a three-part, 3-D motion-capture series, and Craig will star as the pirate Red Rackham. The film series based on the comic strips created by Belgian artist Georges Remi (also known as Herge). Spielberg is also producing along with Peter Jackson and Kathleen Kennedy. Jackson will direct the second installment. Production is underway for a scheduled 2011 release.
Posted January 27 2009 — 12:24 PM EST
- Lin-Manuel Miranda live-tweeted commentary for 'Hamilton's America'
- J.K. Rowling loves Amy Schumer's book
- Chris Pratt encourages people to go outside and look for trolls
- Kanye West scored Kardashian family movies to 'Only One' for Kim's birthday
- 'Once Upon a Time' star says Robin Hood return provides closure
- Jason Sudeikis duets with Harry Connick Jr. as Harry Connick Jr.
- Chris Pine cast in Ava DuVernay's 'A Wrinkle in Time'