In this novel — which, as you may have surmised, is a laddish riposte to Elizabeth Gilbert’s best-selling memoir Eat, Pray, Love — advertising executive Bob Sullivan embarks on a globe-trotting debauch after his wife leaves him. Comedy writer Andrew Gottlieb gifts a brash and funny voice to his likable central character, who at one point describes his spouse as ”the single most self-obsessed person on planet earth. And I’m factoring ?Sharon Stone and Kim Jong Il into this equation.” For all that, though, Sullivan’s adventures in Drink, Play, F@#k are surprisingly tame. Maybe Gottlieb thought the book’s title was outrageous enough. B?
Drink, Play, F@#kIn this novel — which, as you may have surmised, is a laddish riposte to Elizabeth Gilbert's best-selling memoir Eat, Pray, Love —...Drink, Play, F@#kFiction, Comic NovelsAndrew GottliebIn this novel — which, as you may have surmised, is a laddish riposte to Elizabeth Gilbert's best-selling memoir Eat, Pray, Love —...2009-01-28Grove Press
Genre: Fiction, Comic Novels; Author: Andrew Gottlieb; Publisher: Grove Press
Posted January 17 2015 — 1:02 PM EST
- Play as Batgirl in 'Batman: Arkham Knight' additional content
- 'Finding Neverland: The Album' to feature Nick Jonas, Jennifer Lopez, and more -- exclusive
- Miguel releases Wale-featuring 'Coffee (F---king)'
- Britney Spears, Iggy Azalea release 'Pretty Girls'
- Domhnall Gleeson teaches us how to pronounce 'Domhnall Gleeson'
- 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' to film at Pinewood Studios
- 'Blurred Lines' may get another trial
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Halle Berry & Goldie Hawn, Plus Diddy, Melissa McCarthy & More!