In this novel — which, as you may have surmised, is a laddish riposte to Elizabeth Gilbert’s best-selling memoir Eat, Pray, Love — advertising executive Bob Sullivan embarks on a globe-trotting debauch after his wife leaves him. Comedy writer Andrew Gottlieb gifts a brash and funny voice to his likable central character, who at one point describes his spouse as ”the single most self-obsessed person on planet earth. And I’m factoring ?Sharon Stone and Kim Jong Il into this equation.” For all that, though, Sullivan’s adventures in Drink, Play, F@#k are surprisingly tame. Maybe Gottlieb thought the book’s title was outrageous enough. B?
Drink, Play, F@#kIn this novel — which, as you may have surmised, is a laddish riposte to Elizabeth Gilbert's best-selling memoir Eat, Pray, Love —...Drink, Play, F@#kFiction, Comic NovelsAndrew GottliebIn this novel — which, as you may have surmised, is a laddish riposte to Elizabeth Gilbert's best-selling memoir Eat, Pray, Love —...2009-01-28Grove Press
Genre: Fiction, Comic Novels; Author: Andrew Gottlieb; Publisher: Grove Press
Posted January 28 2009 — 12:00 AM EST
- Casting Net: M. Night Shyamalan's new supernatural thriller adds four actors
- 'Chicago Fire' recap: 'Let it Burn'
- Top 5 'Muppets' moments from 'Pig Out'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' EP to produce 'Famous in Love' drama pilot starring Bella Thorne
- 'Arrow' actor Neal McDonough on bringing megalomaniac Damien Darhk to life
- Lamar Odom hospitalized in Las Vegas
- E! is going to spin off 'Botched'
- 12 Instagram Photos of Pitbull Hanging Out with Celebrities
- 25 Unforgettable Dresses From the Past 25 Years
- Box Office Flops: 19 Notorious Opening Weekends
- EW's 25 Best Movies in 25 Years
- EW Reunions: Bonus portraits of your favorite TV and movie casts
- 'The Walking Dead': 15 Exclusive Storyboard Illustrations From Season 6