In this novel — which, as you may have surmised, is a laddish riposte to Elizabeth Gilbert’s best-selling memoir Eat, Pray, Love — advertising executive Bob Sullivan embarks on a globe-trotting debauch after his wife leaves him. Comedy writer Andrew Gottlieb gifts a brash and funny voice to his likable central character, who at one point describes his spouse as ”the single most self-obsessed person on planet earth. And I’m factoring ?Sharon Stone and Kim Jong Il into this equation.” For all that, though, Sullivan’s adventures in Drink, Play, F@#k are surprisingly tame. Maybe Gottlieb thought the book’s title was outrageous enough. B?
Drink, Play, F@#kIn this novel — which, as you may have surmised, is a laddish riposte to Elizabeth Gilbert's best-selling memoir Eat, Pray, Love —...Drink, Play, F@#kFiction, Comic NovelsAndrew GottliebIn this novel — which, as you may have surmised, is a laddish riposte to Elizabeth Gilbert's best-selling memoir Eat, Pray, Love —...2009-01-28Grove Press
Genre: Fiction, Comic Novels; Author: Andrew Gottlieb; Publisher: Grove Press
Posted January 28 2009 — 12:00 AM EST
- See an exclusive preview of Leslie Stein's dreamy, gorgeous cartoons from 'Bright-Eyed at Midnight'
- Nicolas Cage talks 'The Runner,' explains why he's not 'a madman'
- Chief Keef releases new mixtape ahead of schedule
- Get your exclusive first look at 'Shadowhunters'
- Grace Potter dishes about her poppiest album yet
- Abbi Jacobson is a 'Dreamgirl' in new 'Lip Sync Battle' clip
- Solve Agatha Christie mysteries with this simple formula
- Stars We Lost in 2015
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Sam Smith, Channing Tatum, Gwyneth Paltrow and More!