In this novel — which, as you may have surmised, is a laddish riposte to Elizabeth Gilbert’s best-selling memoir Eat, Pray, Love — advertising executive Bob Sullivan embarks on a globe-trotting debauch after his wife leaves him. Comedy writer Andrew Gottlieb gifts a brash and funny voice to his likable central character, who at one point describes his spouse as ”the single most self-obsessed person on planet earth. And I’m factoring ?Sharon Stone and Kim Jong Il into this equation.” For all that, though, Sullivan’s adventures in Drink, Play, F@#k are surprisingly tame. Maybe Gottlieb thought the book’s title was outrageous enough. B?
Drink, Play, F@#kIn this novel — which, as you may have surmised, is a laddish riposte to Elizabeth Gilbert's best-selling memoir Eat, Pray, Love —...Drink, Play, F@#kFiction, Comic NovelsAndrew GottliebIn this novel — which, as you may have surmised, is a laddish riposte to Elizabeth Gilbert's best-selling memoir Eat, Pray, Love —...2009-01-28Grove Press
Genre: Fiction, Comic Novels; Author: Andrew Gottlieb; Publisher: Grove Press
Posted January 28 2009 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Ash vs Evil Dead': Sam Raimi on why he likes to torture Bruce Campbell
- Liam Hemsworth wears war paint as Gale in exclusive 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay -- Part 2' poster
- Ed Sullivan Theater gets temporary marquee in preparation for Stephen Colbert
- Alan Taylor says there are answers to 'Terminator Genisys' questions -- they're just not in the movie
- Miguel disses Frank Ocean... again
- Jack White's Dead Weather returns with new album
- Henry Cavill: ‘Batman v Superman' an 'expansion' of 'Man of Steel' world
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Rumer & Khloé, Usher, Cara Delevingne & More!