In this novel — which, as you may have surmised, is a laddish riposte to Elizabeth Gilbert’s best-selling memoir Eat, Pray, Love — advertising executive Bob Sullivan embarks on a globe-trotting debauch after his wife leaves him. Comedy writer Andrew Gottlieb gifts a brash and funny voice to his likable central character, who at one point describes his spouse as ”the single most self-obsessed person on planet earth. And I’m factoring ?Sharon Stone and Kim Jong Il into this equation.” For all that, though, Sullivan’s adventures in Drink, Play, F@#k are surprisingly tame. Maybe Gottlieb thought the book’s title was outrageous enough. B?
Drink, Play, F@#kIn this novel — which, as you may have surmised, is a laddish riposte to Elizabeth Gilbert's best-selling memoir Eat, Pray, Love —...Drink, Play, F@#kFiction, Comic NovelsAndrew GottliebIn this novel — which, as you may have surmised, is a laddish riposte to Elizabeth Gilbert's best-selling memoir Eat, Pray, Love —...2009-01-28Grove Press
Genre: Fiction, Comic Novels; Author: Andrew Gottlieb; Publisher: Grove Press
Posted January 28 2009 — 12:00 AM EST
- Alison Brie offers unqualified dating advice on 'The Tonight Show'
- Jimmy Fallon plays 'Family Feud' on 'The Tonight Show'
- One Direction fans' Summer of Struggles: a timeline
- 'Survivor: Second Chance': Woo says he won't make same epic mistake twice
- Now's your chance to see 'Mad Max: Fury Road' in IMAX theaters
- Obama to honor Stephen King, Sally Field with National Medals of Arts
- Queen Elizabeth is a huge fan of 'Downton Abbey'
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Dakota Johnson, Keanu Reeves, Bar Refaeli & More!