ABC reps said there are no plans to bump Jimmy Kimmel Live from 12:05 a.m. to 11:35 p.m. to compete with Conan O’Brien’s takeover of NBC’s The Tonight Show, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The statement denied a report in the New York Times that said ABC Entertainment was considering such a move, though the Times also made clear that the talks were “speculative” and that no one at the network would confirm. Jay Leno will leave The Tonight Show at the end of May for a new prime-time show in late summer, and O’Brien, the host of Late Night on NBC, will take over Tonight in June.
Posted January 29 2009 — 12:12 PM EST
- Chris Rock announces first stand-up tour in 9 years
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' trailer: Humans and Transformers face off
- George R.R. Martin on 'Winds of Winter': 'Things are getting worse'
- 'Green Hornet' star Van Williams dies at 82
- 'Baywatch' is hitting the beach on Memorial Day weekend
- Beyoncé was already a star at age 10, unearthed footage proves
- See Madonna twerk to 'Bitch I'm Madonna' on Carpool Karaoke
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday