We actually had a reader write in asking why PopWatch (and by that, I mean she name-checked Annie and me, specifically), hadn’t covered CBS’ Hallmark Hall of Fame presentation Loving Leah. In case you missed it last Sunday, the telefilm starred Six Feet Under’s Lauren Ambrose as a childless Hasidic widow who marries her single brother-in-law (Adam Kaufman) after her rabbi husband’s death, per an ancient Orthodox law. You can get better acquainted with the intricacies of the plot in the clip below. Both Annie and I taped Loving Leah, naturally, but neither of us had a chance to watch it right away. When we finally compared notes, she said she couldn’t get past the first 20 minutes and deleted it; I said I couldn’t stop staring at Kaufman’s eyelashes, kept rewinding the surprisingly hot kiss in the kitchen, and would never delete it.Whose side are you on?
Posted January 30 2009 — 9:15 PM EST
- 'Legends of Tomorrow' star Matt Letscher teases Legion of Doom's debut
- 'La La Land,' 'Moonlight,' 'Zootopia' make AFI's top 10 films of 2016
- Watch John Glenn's appearance on 'Frasier'
- WATCH: How 'House of Cards' helped Mahershala Ali with 'Moonlight'
- 'Logan' screens extended preview, early reactions praise gritty tone
- WATCH: Bobby Moynihan, Judah Friedlander, Sasheer Zamata honor trees
- Neil deGrasse Tyson, Rob Lowe, more pay tribute to John Glenn on Twitter
- The 20 Best (And 5 Worst!) TV Shows of 2016
- EW's 2016 Entertainers of the Year
- The 20 Best Movies of 2016
- Finding 'La La Land': Director Damien Chazelle's 15 Influences for His New Musical Romance
- 38 Photos of Ian Somerhalder For His 38th Birthday
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21: Meet Nick's 30 Bachelorettes