Mickey Rourke will star in Indian writer and director Vidhu Vinod Chopra’s debut Hollywood feature, Broken Horses, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The project, being described as a “gangster caper,” is based on an original story by Chopra now being turned into a screenplay by Indian writer Abhijat Joshi and script consultant Jason Richman (Bangkok Dangerous). Chopra is one of India’s best-known filmmakers. His resume includes Parinda (Bird) and Lage Raho Munnabhai (Keep Going Munnabhai). Rourke up for a Best Actor Oscar this year for his performance in The Wrestler.
Posted January 30 2009 — 10:40 AM EST
- Jennifer Lawrence attached to star in Zelda Fitzgerald biopic
- 'Big Brother: Over the Top latest evicted guest speaks out
- Bob Dylan's website no longer mentions his Nobel prize
- Ariel Winter slams Donald Trump for body shaming women
- Preview Mal and crew's exploits in 'Serenity: No Power in the 'Verse'
- Anne Hathaway on Oscar win: ‘I tried to pretend that I was happy
- Adam Scott to guest on 'The Good Place'