Singer Nick Lachey is defending his ex-wife, Jessica Simpson, from criticism that the once-svelte reality-TV and pop star has packed on a few too many pounds, the Associated Press reports. “I think it’s ridiculous that the media is making such a big deal aboutit,” Lachey said, when asked by an AP reporter about it at his Super Skins Celebrity Golf Classic party. “It’sridiculous that it would be making headlines. But you can’t believeeverything that’s written or reported in the media. I wish her nothingbut happiness.” EW.com users weighed in on the topic heavily earlier this week.
Posted February 1 2009 — 12:26 AM EST
- 'Supernatural': Jensen Ackles, Jared Padalecki added to EW PopFest
- Jenny Slate's one-night stand gets messy in 'My Blind Brother' trailer
- MTV VMAs 2016 : Britney Spears, Ariana Grande, Rihanna and more set to perform
- Drake finally shares Kanye-produced 'You Know, You Know'
- Dev Patel tries to find his way home in first 'Lion' trailer
- Dwayne Johnson tops Forbes' highest-paid actors list
- 12 must-read novels out this fall