Sony Pictures Classics has acquired Woody Allen’s newest film, Whatever Works, and is planning a summer 2009 release. Starring Ed Begley Jr., Patricia Clarkson, Larry David and Evan Rachel Wood, the project marks Allen’s first film set in his native New York since 2005’s Melinda and Melinda. As per usual with Allen’s films, the plot for Whatever Works remains under wraps. Sony Classics last teamed up with Allen for 1999’s Sweet and Lowdown.
Posted February 2 2009 — 7:51 PM EST
- President Obama dances to 'Hotline Bling' with Usher, Janelle Monáe
- Bradley Cooper visited Lady Gaga on the set of 'Saturday Night Live'
- Viola Davis to campaign in supporting actress category for 'Fences'
- DJ Khaled documented his son's birth on Snapchat
- 'Black Mirror' postmortem: Showrunner explains season 3
- Weekend box office: 'Madea' clobbers 'Jack Reacher' with $27.6 million
- 'Logan' image teases Dafne Keen as mutant X-23