Hardworking little Miss Fanning plays a Watcher — someone who can see the future — in Push, a weightless, style-driven thriller set in a photogenically chaotic Hong Kong. There, in neon shadows, some folks born with telekinetic powers face off against shady government types who want to harness those powers to build an army of, I don’t know, psychic spoon benders. Evans’ skill as a Mover means he can hurl stuff through the power of thought. But the most woo-hoo-mind-blowing of all is Camilla Belle as a Pusher who can plant ideas in a subject’s head. The idea I’m getting is that I’d prefer Wolverine and Storm to do the hurling and mind-blowing in X-Men. C
Genre: Sci-fi and Fantasy, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Camilla Belle, Chris Evans, Dakota Fanning, Cliff Curtis, Djimon Hounsou; Director: Paul McGuigan; Author: David Bourla; Release Date Wide: 02/06/2009; Status: In Season; MPAA Rating: PG-13
Posted February 4 2009 — 12:00 AM EST
- Amy Schumer says theater shooting left her 'legit heartbroken'
- Deadpool makes a cameo in new 'Fantastic Four' trailer
- Drake disses Meek Mill during OVO Fest set
- Ellen DeGeneres tweets support for Amy Schumer after gun control speech
- 'Significant Mother' react: What did you think?
- Casting Net: Ali Larter returns for 'Resident Evil: The Final Chapter'
- Amazon defends making a TV show with Woody Allen