Hardworking little Miss Fanning plays a Watcher — someone who can see the future — in Push, a weightless, style-driven thriller set in a photogenically chaotic Hong Kong. There, in neon shadows, some folks born with telekinetic powers face off against shady government types who want to harness those powers to build an army of, I don’t know, psychic spoon benders. Evans’ skill as a Mover means he can hurl stuff through the power of thought. But the most woo-hoo-mind-blowing of all is Camilla Belle as a Pusher who can plant ideas in a subject’s head. The idea I’m getting is that I’d prefer Wolverine and Storm to do the hurling and mind-blowing in X-Men. C
Genre: Sci-fi and Fantasy, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Camilla Belle, Chris Evans, Dakota Fanning, Cliff Curtis, Djimon Hounsou; Director: Paul McGuigan; Author: David Bourla; Release Date Wide: 02/06/2009; MPAA Rating: PG-13
Posted February 4 2009 — 12:00 AM EST
- Kelly Rowland at Essence Fest previews BET series to find next great girl group
- The Nathan's Hot Dog Eating contest crowned a new champion on July 4
- Michael Douglas' mother dies at 92
- Hello Kitty movie targeted for 2019
- 'Suicide Squad' on-set photo: Harley Quinn birthday cake for Margot Robbie
- Caitlyn Jenner 'proud to be an American'
- Lil Wayne: 'Free Weezy Album' on Tidal
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!