Hardworking little Miss Fanning plays a Watcher — someone who can see the future — in Push, a weightless, style-driven thriller set in a photogenically chaotic Hong Kong. There, in neon shadows, some folks born with telekinetic powers face off against shady government types who want to harness those powers to build an army of, I don’t know, psychic spoon benders. Evans’ skill as a Mover means he can hurl stuff through the power of thought. But the most woo-hoo-mind-blowing of all is Camilla Belle as a Pusher who can plant ideas in a subject’s head. The idea I’m getting is that I’d prefer Wolverine and Storm to do the hurling and mind-blowing in X-Men. C
Genre: Sci-fi and Fantasy, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Camilla Belle, Chris Evans, Dakota Fanning, Cliff Curtis, Djimon Hounsou; Director: Paul McGuigan; Author: David Bourla; Release Date Wide: 02/06/2009; MPAA Rating: PG-13
Posted February 4 2009 — 12:00 AM EST
- Barack Obama slams Donald Trump at DNC: 'We don’t look to be ruled'
- 'Con Man': Alan Tudyk and Nathan Fillion want a ‘Spectrum’ movie
- See President Obama's DNC intro video, narrated by Bryan Cranston
- Michael Keaton on 'Beetlejuice' sequel: 'It's possible that ship has sailed'
- 'Another Period' guest blog: Natasha Leggero, Riki Lindhome on latest episode
- 'Barely Famous': Sara, Erin Foster on celebrity stalkers, TV industry
- Lenny Kravitz asks to 'Let Love Rule' for DNC performance
- 'Planet of the Apes': See the Famous Faces Behind the Makeup
- Toronto Film Festival 2016: See First Look Images From This Year's Lineup
- 'One Tree Hill': Where Are They Now?
- 'Little Miss Sunshine': Where Are They Now?
- 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child': 22 Magical Photos
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 4 Panels