Hardworking little Miss Fanning plays a Watcher — someone who can see the future — in Push, a weightless, style-driven thriller set in a photogenically chaotic Hong Kong. There, in neon shadows, some folks born with telekinetic powers face off against shady government types who want to harness those powers to build an army of, I don’t know, psychic spoon benders. Evans’ skill as a Mover means he can hurl stuff through the power of thought. But the most woo-hoo-mind-blowing of all is Camilla Belle as a Pusher who can plant ideas in a subject’s head. The idea I’m getting is that I’d prefer Wolverine and Storm to do the hurling and mind-blowing in X-Men. C
Genre: Sci-fi and Fantasy, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Camilla Belle, Chris Evans, Dakota Fanning, Cliff Curtis, Djimon Hounsou; Director: Paul McGuigan; Author: David Bourla; Release Date Wide: 02/06/2009; MPAA Rating: PG-13
Posted January 17 2015 — 1:02 PM EST
- 'The Legend of Zelda' for Wii U delayed
- Kit Harington fights terrorism in 'Spooks: The Greater Good' trailer
- Billie Joe Armstrong musical 'These Paper Bullets!' coming to LA, NYC
- 'It Follows': The story behind the score
- Nick Jonas talks hosting the 2015 Kids' Choice Awards, his new image and that Kanye West cover
- Ben Stiller's little-known punk rocker past comes to light
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- Katy Perry, Kenny & Taylor, Josh Peck and More!