Hardworking little Miss Fanning plays a Watcher — someone who can see the future — in Push, a weightless, style-driven thriller set in a photogenically chaotic Hong Kong. There, in neon shadows, some folks born with telekinetic powers face off against shady government types who want to harness those powers to build an army of, I don’t know, psychic spoon benders. Evans’ skill as a Mover means he can hurl stuff through the power of thought. But the most woo-hoo-mind-blowing of all is Camilla Belle as a Pusher who can plant ideas in a subject’s head. The idea I’m getting is that I’d prefer Wolverine and Storm to do the hurling and mind-blowing in X-Men. C
Genre: Sci-fi and Fantasy, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Camilla Belle, Chris Evans, Dakota Fanning, Cliff Curtis, Djimon Hounsou; Director: Paul McGuigan; Author: David Bourla; Release Date Wide: 02/06/2009; MPAA Rating: PG-13
Posted February 4 2009 — 12:00 AM EST
- The year in Shondaland: A look back with Shonda Rhimes, her leading ladies, and more
- Colbert tackles Thanksgiving controversies on 'The Late Show'
- New 'Star Wars' spot returns us to last year's teaser
- Uzo Aduba explains what it's like to perform alongside Taylor Swift
- Jimmy Fallon and Nathan Lane play 'Kid Dictionary'
- James Corden: Don't deep-fry a turkey today
- Is there a 'Blacklist' baby on the way?