Another February, another Groundhog Day, another six more weeks of winter (damn you, Punxsutawney Phil!). Mandi Bierly recommends Bones, 30 Rock, and other tasty television treats to keep you warm until mid-March, but I’d like to add ”reading Enter the Fray” to that list, because everybody knows Friday columns that round up the top commented-on PopWatch posts is proven to raise your body temperature fractions of a degree. “Is that actually true?” you may ask. Well, PopWatch reader, I don’t know. I’m not a scientist. Enter the Fray with me anyway:
10. The first big political debate of 2009, and it’s between Bill O’Reilly and…Jessica Alba?
9. You Losties reacted to Wednesday’s episode, ”The Little Prince.”
8. The amazingly talented Jennifer Hudson sang the national anthem at Sunday’s Super Bowl (with one of the best renditions of the song I’ve heard, like, ever). Michael Slezak raved about the performance, while Adam B. Vary wondered why it was such a big deal that it turned out to be Hudson lip-syncing to her own track – she’s hardly the first person to do such a thing.
7. The octuplets’ mom spoke for the first time since her pretty-miraculous-even-if-you-think-she-might-be-crazy birth of eight babies last week.
6. Heroes returned with a brand-new story arc called ”Fugitives,” which Marc Bernardin thinks shows some promise.
5. Bachelor host Chris Harrison blogged about all the juicy behind-the-scenes action that takes place during each rose ceremony.
4. For those of us more interested in the $3 million advertising spots than the actual game, Annie Barrett’s commentary on the Super Bowl XLIII commercials should do the trick.
3. Some guy named Bruce Springsteen performed during the Super Bowl halftime show, maybe you’ve heard of him?
2. Them’s fightin’ words: Soul legend Etta James started some drama with the President over his choice of Beyonce (who played James in Cadillac Records last year) to perform James’ ”At Last” at his inauguration ball, instead of the songstress herself.
1. Christian Bale detonated some major F-bombs on the set of Terminator Salvation. Is it wrong that I want the dance remix on my iPod for the gym?