First off, let me report that Lil’ Wayne – who was previously not seen in my last Grammy rehearsal post – did in fact show up on Thursday, and his tardiness was apparently due less to him being on hip-hop time and more to L.A. traffic. (It’s been raining pretty steadily here, and everyone gets all confused when that happens.) Due to a variety of scheduling conflicts of my own, I was only at Staples for a couple hours on Friday, but that was enough time to catch a few run-throughs of Katy Perry’s “I Kissed a Girl” production number, a Sapphic, dancey thing that comes complete with YouTube videos of fans singing along (in a twist on the “My Grammy Moment” contest), and one big reveal that I’ll not spoil, though it’s something she’s done at least once before. I also picked up some gossip on the shattering, explosive F/X involved in what the always post-apocalyptic Rihanna’s got planned. But the real reason I was there can be seen below: A chance to talk to country superstar Kenny Chesney, who’ll be performing a simple and lovely version of “Better as a Memory” on the broadcast. Fun fact about that song: It was pseudonymically written by his publicist, Holly Gleason, who you’ll see at the very start of the video. That’s a good publicist. Roll tape!
Posted February 7 2009 — 3:37 PM EST
- 'The Royals': Elizabeth Hurley mocks Hugh Grant in season premiere
- Westworld finale recap in progress: 'The Bicameral Mind'
- 'The Walking Dead': Watch a sneak peek of the midseason finale
- 'Rogue One' creatures highlighted in behind-the-scenes video
- 'The Walking Dead': Jeffrey Dean Morgan on Negan terrorizing Carl
- 'The Walking Dead': Chandler Riggs on Carl's biggest episode ever
- Juliette Lewis talks explosive 'Secrets and Lies' finale
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big