Ridley Scott’s Syriana lite fizzled last fall. But in the appeals court of a living room, the cat-and-mouse CIA thriller benefits from diminished expectations. Leo’s been better, Crowe sounds like Foghorn Leghorn, and the script is as subtle as a root canal. But Scott pulls off some tense action sequences before the dud ending. EXTRAS on the two-disc set include making-of docs and an audio commentary. B?
Genre: Drama; Starring: Russell Crowe, Leonardo DiCaprio, Mark Strong, Carice van Houten; Director: Ridley Scott; Author: William Monahan; Release Date Wide: 10/10/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 126; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted February 11 2009 — 12:00 AM EST
- Sundance announces 2017 Premieres, Spotlight, Midnight, Kids sections
- Westworld showrunners: Anybody could return in season 2
- 'Moana': Watch the gorgeous video for 'We Know the Way'
- Al Gore, Donald Trump, and Ivanka Trump meet to talk climate change
- Tim Roth reveals his grandfather sexually abused him, his father
- 'Biggest Loser' winner on regaining weight: 'I feel ashamed'
- Beyoncé, Taylor Swift dominated Tumblr in 2016
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday