Ridley Scott’s Syriana lite fizzled last fall. But in the appeals court of a living room, the cat-and-mouse CIA thriller benefits from diminished expectations. Leo’s been better, Crowe sounds like Foghorn Leghorn, and the script is as subtle as a root canal. But Scott pulls off some tense action sequences before the dud ending. EXTRAS on the two-disc set include making-of docs and an audio commentary. B?
Genre: Drama; Starring: Russell Crowe, Leonardo DiCaprio, Mark Strong, Carice van Houten; Director: Ridley Scott; Author: William Monahan; Release Date Wide: 10/10/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 126; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted February 11 2009 — 12:00 AM EST
- Taylor Swift sings Calvin Harris' 'This Is What You Came For'
- 'The Walking Dead': Jeffrey Dean Morgan on why Saviors follow Negan
- Alec Baldwin calls out brother Stephen during 'SNL' debate cold open
- Benedict Cumberbatch to host final 'SNL' before election
- Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg set to perform in an opera
- 'Ghostbusters' director gets 'choked up' by supportive fans
- Miley Cyrus storms Virginia college to campaign for Hillary Clinton