Peter Gabriel has opted out of performing at this year’s Academy Awards, according to Variety. Gabriel was booked to sing “Down to Earth,” the nominated original song from WALL-E that he cowrote with composer Thomas Newman. But Oscar show producers Bill Condon and Laurence Mark are said to be cramming the song nominees into a medley format this year, which would have forced Gabriel to perform only one minute of his nearly six-minute tune. In response, Gabriel has simply declined to perform, although he still plans to attend the event.
Posted February 13 2009 — 1:38 AM EST
- This Week’s Cover: Steven Yeun of 'The Walking Dead' on Glenn's brutal death
- 'Grey's Anatomy': Marika Dominczyk makes her debut — exclusive first look
- ABBA launching 'digital experience' featuring virtual reality
- 'Rectify' creator previews 'emotionally unencumbering' final season
- Kim Kardashian resumes filming 'KUWTK' after Paris robbery
- Tom Hanks or Bill Murray? The Internet struggles to decide
- Howard Stern: Graphic interviews reveal 'who Trump is'
- Hillary Clinton Through The Years
- 'Hamilton' Stars Go Old-School for Vintage Portraits
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers
- This Is What the 2001 CMAs Looked Like