Midway Games, the Chicago-based videogame company best known for its Mortal Kombat series of games, filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection last week, the Associated Press reports. Yesterday, the company announced that a bankruptcy judge had approved several of its first-day motions, which will allow Midway to “utilize its cash to maintain ongoing operations pending a final hearing,” according to a company statement. The filing comes in the wake of Sumner Redstone selling his 87.2 percent majority stake in the company this past December.
Posted February 17 2009 — 8:46 PM EST
- Leslie Odom Jr. performs Sara Bareilles’ powerful election anthem
- 'This Is Us' star Chrissy Metz on Kate's reveal about Jack
- Kid Cudi responds to Drake diss: 'Say it to my face'
- Critical Mass: 'Inferno' burns out
- 'Captain Marvel' screenwriter heading 'Sherlock Holmes 3' writers' room
- Hailee Steinfeld joins the EW PopFest lineup
- Second 'Big Brother: Over the Top' evictee talks house divide