Two piggish high school football jocks pack themselves off to cheerleader camp, where they cut a swath through the hardbodied gymnastic lovelies. The teensploitation premise is like something a porn filmmaker from the ’70s might have come up with. But Fired Up! has one added quirk: The script, credited to Freedom Jones, is a riot of tongue-twisting ironic sleaze — it sounds like the first (and last) collaboration between Diablo Cody and Artie Lange. Olsen, who’s like a blond Jim Morrison, and D’Agosto, as scampish as he was glum ?in Rocket Science, establish an interplay that’s halfway amusing and terminally smug. B?
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Nicholas D'Agosto, Eric Christian Olsen, AnnaLynne McCord, Molly Sims; Director: Will Gluck; Author: Freedom Jones; Release Date Wide: 02/20/2009; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 89; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Screen Gems Inc.
Posted February 18 2009 — 12:00 AM EST
- Amy Schumer says theater shooting left her 'legit heartbroken'
- Deadpool makes a cameo in new 'Fantastic Four' trailer
- Drake disses Meek Mill during OVO Fest set
- Ellen DeGeneres tweets support for Amy Schumer after gun control speech
- 'Significant Mother' react: What did you think?
- Casting Net: Ali Larter returns for 'Resident Evil: The Final Chapter'
- Amazon defends making a TV show with Woody Allen