Two piggish high school football jocks pack themselves off to cheerleader camp, where they cut a swath through the hardbodied gymnastic lovelies. The teensploitation premise is like something a porn filmmaker from the ’70s might have come up with. But Fired Up! has one added quirk: The script, credited to Freedom Jones, is a riot of tongue-twisting ironic sleaze — it sounds like the first (and last) collaboration between Diablo Cody and Artie Lange. Olsen, who’s like a blond Jim Morrison, and D’Agosto, as scampish as he was glum ?in Rocket Science, establish an interplay that’s halfway amusing and terminally smug. B?
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Nicholas D'Agosto, Eric Christian Olsen, AnnaLynne McCord, Molly Sims; Director: Will Gluck; Author: Freedom Jones; Release Date Wide: 02/20/2009; Runtime (in minutes): 89; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Screen Gems Inc.
Posted February 18 2009 — 12:00 AM EST
- David Letterman's famous studio marquee has been taken down
- Bill Hader, Fred Armisen and Seth Meyers on what to expect from 'Documentary Now!'
- Adele and Florence Welch spotted at Fleetwood Mac's London performance
- Trevor Noah's 'Daily Show': Sept. 28
- 'Young & Hungry' star Emily Osment teases new romance for Gabby
- These #ClickBaitAMovie tweets will shock you
- Triumph the Insult Comic Dog needles Steve Buscemi in new 'Park Bench' season 2 clip