Two piggish high school football jocks pack themselves off to cheerleader camp, where they cut a swath through the hardbodied gymnastic lovelies. The teensploitation premise is like something a porn filmmaker from the ’70s might have come up with. But Fired Up! has one added quirk: The script, credited to Freedom Jones, is a riot of tongue-twisting ironic sleaze — it sounds like the first (and last) collaboration between Diablo Cody and Artie Lange. Olsen, who’s like a blond Jim Morrison, and D’Agosto, as scampish as he was glum ?in Rocket Science, establish an interplay that’s halfway amusing and terminally smug. B?
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Nicholas D'Agosto, Eric Christian Olsen, AnnaLynne McCord, Molly Sims; Director: Will Gluck; Author: Freedom Jones; Release Date Wide: 02/20/2009; Runtime (in minutes): 89; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Screen Gems Inc.
Posted February 18 2009 — 12:00 AM EST
- Box office report: 'Focus' beats 'Fifty Shades'
- 'SNL' react: Your quick take on Dakota Johnson and Alabama Shakes?
- Kanye's new album: 'So Help Me God'
- 'Parks and Rec': On set for the final day
- John Green's 'Alaska' scriptwriters set
- Craig Ferguson set for ABC comedy pilot
- Will Smith back in 'Focus': What critics said
- 20 TV series that nailed it with their very first scenes
- 'Last Man on Earth' guys salute inspirations
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Susan Sarandon, Prince William and More!