Two piggish high school football jocks pack themselves off to cheerleader camp, where they cut a swath through the hardbodied gymnastic lovelies. The teensploitation premise is like something a porn filmmaker from the ’70s might have come up with. But Fired Up! has one added quirk: The script, credited to Freedom Jones, is a riot of tongue-twisting ironic sleaze — it sounds like the first (and last) collaboration between Diablo Cody and Artie Lange. Olsen, who’s like a blond Jim Morrison, and D’Agosto, as scampish as he was glum ?in Rocket Science, establish an interplay that’s halfway amusing and terminally smug. B?
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Nicholas D'Agosto, Eric Christian Olsen, AnnaLynne McCord, Molly Sims; Director: Will Gluck; Author: Freedom Jones; Release Date Wide: 02/20/2009; Runtime (in minutes): 89; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Screen Gems Inc.
Posted February 18 2009 — 12:00 AM EST
- See Sylvester Stallone become Rocky in this ultimate training montage
- See Po uncover the Secret Panda Village in new 'Kung Fu Panda 3' clip
- Setsuko Hara, Japanese screen legend, dies at 95
- Bryan Cranston moved to tears while discussing pivotal 'Breaking Bad' scene
- See photos from 'Arrow'-'The Flash' crossover with 'Legends of Tomorrow'
- Jon Favreau's 'Chef' is going Bollywood
- Eagles of Death Metal discuss Paris attacks in moving interview
- Taraji P. Henson's Biggest Moments in 2015
- Holiday Gift Guide: For the TV Fanatic
- 19 TV Families That Will Make You Thankful for Yours
- Literature's 8 Most Dysfunctional Thanksgiving Dinners
- 'Captain America: Civil War': Decoding the New Trailer
- EW's Entertainers of the Year pick their Entertainers of the Year