Two piggish high school football jocks pack themselves off to cheerleader camp, where they cut a swath through the hardbodied gymnastic lovelies. The teensploitation premise is like something a porn filmmaker from the ’70s might have come up with. But Fired Up! has one added quirk: The script, credited to Freedom Jones, is a riot of tongue-twisting ironic sleaze — it sounds like the first (and last) collaboration between Diablo Cody and Artie Lange. Olsen, who’s like a blond Jim Morrison, and D’Agosto, as scampish as he was glum ?in Rocket Science, establish an interplay that’s halfway amusing and terminally smug. B?
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Nicholas D'Agosto, Eric Christian Olsen, AnnaLynne McCord, Molly Sims; Director: Will Gluck; Author: Freedom Jones; Release Date Wide: 02/20/2009; Runtime (in minutes): 89; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Screen Gems Inc.
Posted February 18 2009 — 12:00 AM EST
- Fox renews John Cena's 'American Grit' for season 2
- Maya Rudolph to guest-star on 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine'
- 'Pokémon' theme singer Jason Paige performs song in studio recording
- Gillian Jacobs: The Improvised Interview
- 'Once Upon a Time' to delve into Savior mythology
- 'Hobo with a Shotgun' director to make 'New York City Outlaws'
- 10 under-the-radar songs from emerging artists to hear now