The great Polish director Andrzej Wajda (Danton) musters the power of classical filmmaking and personal emotional investment ?to dramatize a stunning atrocity long covered up: In the spring of 1940, over the course of three days, some 15,000 Polish officers and intellectuals were killed at Stalin’s command, shot one by one in the back of the head and ?buried in Poland’s Katyn Forest. Yet until Mikhail Gorbachev’s acknowledgment in 1990, the ? Soviets officially blamed Nazis for the slaughter. In Katyn Wajda, whose father was among the murdered, brings the dead to life through stories of ?three fictional women searching for truth about lost husbands and brothers. A?
Genre: War, Drama; Starring: Maja Ostaszewska, Artur Zmijewski, Andrzej Chyra, Danuta Stenka; Director: Andrzej Wajda; Author: Andrzej Mularczyk, Przemyslaw Nowakowski, Wladyslaw Pasikowski, Andrzej Wajda; Release Date Limited: 02/18/2009; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 121; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted February 18 2009 — 12:00 AM EST
- Andre 3000 joins ABC's 'American Crime'
- 'Descendants' react: Did the tale about junior Disney villains cast a spell?
- Casting Net: Gary Oldman joins space love story
- Josh Gad wraps 'Beauty and the Beast' filming, shares pic
- Remembering Roddy Piper's rowdy film career
- Why 'The Tribe' is the perfect videogame movie
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' producers offer hints about the show's timeline
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Amy Poehler, Justin Theroux, Rihanna & More!