The great Polish director Andrzej Wajda (Danton) musters the power of classical filmmaking and personal emotional investment ?to dramatize a stunning atrocity long covered up: In the spring of 1940, over the course of three days, some 15,000 Polish officers and intellectuals were killed at Stalin’s command, shot one by one in the back of the head and ?buried in Poland’s Katyn Forest. Yet until Mikhail Gorbachev’s acknowledgment in 1990, the ? Soviets officially blamed Nazis for the slaughter. In Katyn Wajda, whose father was among the murdered, brings the dead to life through stories of ?three fictional women searching for truth about lost husbands and brothers. A?
Genre: War, Drama; Starring: Maja Ostaszewska, Artur Zmijewski, Andrzej Chyra, Danuta Stenka; Director: Andrzej Wajda; Author: Andrzej Mularczyk, Przemyslaw Nowakowski, Wladyslaw Pasikowski, Andrzej Wajda; Release Date Limited: 02/18/2009; Runtime (in minutes): 121; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted February 18 2009 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'We Are Your Friends' among the top 10 worst wide-release openings in box office history
- Details on the 'AHS: Hotel' Halloween episodes with Lily Rabe and Darren Criss
- 'Hannibal' finale review: A perversely romantic, totally satisfying last supper
- Caitlyn Jenner on the realities of dating as a transgender woman
- See how 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' created 'The Twins'
- Nick Jonas passionately lip-synced to ‘Let It Go’ at Demi Lovato’s pre-VMAs concert
- Vin Diesel teases a sequel to 'The Iron Giant'
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!