Director Howard Hall spent over 100 days lugging a 1,300-pound IMAX 3-D camera around the South Seas to film this underwater doc, which offers up dazzling ocean creatures in calmly shifting scenes that could double as the world’s most expensive screensaver. Even Jim Carrey’s narration is free of his usual antics; ?he mostly sounds like a science teacher reading a copy of National Geographic Kids to a ? class of grade-schoolers. But it’s impossible not to be wowed by some of the images in Under the Sea 3D, ?the coolest of which — shimmering cuttlefish and ghostly, spaceship-like jellyfish — are a nice ?reminder that, even in the age of CG wizardry, the best special effects still come straight from Mother Nature. B
Genre: Documentary; Starring: Jim Carrey; Director: Howard Hall; Release Date Wide: 02/13/2009; Runtime (in minutes): 40; MPAA Rating: G; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted February 18 2009 — 12:00 AM EST
- Watch Kelly Clarkson adorably forget the lyrics to her songs
- Katy Perry reveals which line of her DNC speech Orlando Bloom wrote
- Chandra Levy miniseries in works at TNT
- Nick Jonas, Demi Lovato send fans on scavenger hunt for concert tickets
- 'Pokémon Go' nests are reportedly spawning different Pokémon
- Disney changes 'Avengers: Infinity War Part 1' title
- Constance Wu says Matt Damon's 'Great Wall' perpetuates 'racist myth'