Basketball star and NBA television host Charles Barkley is headed to jail after pleading guilty to two counts of driving under the influence, TMZ reports. Barkley also pleaded “responsible” for running a stop sign during the Dec. 31, 2008, incident in Scottsdale, Ariz. He was fined $2,000 and sentenced to 10 days in jail, but will only have to serve five days if he completes an alcohol education program. Barkley took time off from his duties as a basketball analyst on TNT following the incident; he returned last week, issuing an on-air apology for his actions, saying the DUI was “100 percent my fault.”
Posted February 23 2009 — 11:52 PM EST
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' teaser trailer broke a Marvel record
- Will Smith: 'Bad Boys 3' is 'very close'
- Pixar’s 'Coco' reveals cast and plot details
- Jimmy Kimmel dings Trump while discussing Oscars gig
- Stephen Colbert mocks Donald Trump for Taiwan call
- Milo Ventimiglia does push-ups with Ellen DeGeneres on his back
- The Roots and Co. bring the 'Hamilton Mixtape' to 'Fallon'
- Books Gift Guide 2016: 31 Books For Your Wish List
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'