Peter Chernin, the man charged with overseeing the vast movie and television empire of Rupert Murdoch’s News Corporation, is stepping down from his position as company president, The Los Angeles Times is reporting. Chernin, 57, is seen as a widely admired ambassador for News Corp. in the business and entertainment communities. After stepping down, he is expected to pursue a TV and movie production deal at News Corp.’s Fox studios. No successor has been named.
Posted February 23 2009 — 8:54 PM EST
- WATCH: Werner Herzog got special permits to shoot volcano doc in North Korea
- Star Trek TV series losing Bryan Fuller as showrunner
- Donald Glover comments on 'Star Wars' role for first time
- 'Pretty Little Liars' tell-all special to follow series finale
- Paralympian wins Halloween with 'Beauty and the Beast' Lumiere costume
- Taylor Swift, Abba, 'Star Wars' music get bizarre recorder remixes
- 'Westworld': Who is secretly a robot?
- The 16 Best Halloween Movies to Stream Right Now
- Hillary Clinton Through The Years
- 'Hamilton' Stars Go Old-School for Vintage Portraits
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers