Scott Walker: 30 Century Man is the latest in a mini-wave of pop-music docs, like The Devil and Daniel Johnston, that try to inflate cult figures into lost geniuses. ?In the ’60s, Scott Walker had a spooky, canyon-deep crooner’s voice that made him the missing link between Perry Como and David Bowie. ?As part of the Walker Brothers (known for ”The Sun Ain’t Gonna Shine Anymore”) and then in his solo albums, Walker forged an out-of-time mystique that is vividly captured here. Then he vanished, returning as a creator of avant-apocalyptic electronic dirges that ?the film tiresomely rhapsodizes over. B?
Scott Walker: 30 Century Man Scott Walker: 30 Century Man is the latest in a mini-wave of pop-music docs, like The Devil and Daniel Johnston, that try to...Scott Walker: 30 Century ManMusical, DocumentaryPT95MUnrated Scott Walker: 30 Century Man is the latest in a mini-wave of pop-music docs, like The Devil and Daniel Johnston, that try to...2009-02-27Plexifilm
Genre: Musical, Documentary; Director: Stephen Kijak; Runtime (in minutes): 95; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Plexifilm
Posted February 27 2009 — 12:00 AM EST
- See Nic Cage in his 'Superman Lives' costume
- Ava DuVernay decides not to direct 'Black Panther': 'We just didn't see eye to eye'
- LeBron James: Hollywood's newest MVP
- Know this week's pop culture news? Take EW's quiz to find out
- 10 celebrity memoirs to devour this summer
- Celebrate Independence Day with Steven Tyler's new country video
- 'Bible' series won't return to NBC
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- 26 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- Miranda Kerr, Ewan & Chiwetel, Karlie Kloss & More!