Scott Walker: 30 Century Man is the latest in a mini-wave of pop-music docs, like The Devil and Daniel Johnston, that try to inflate cult figures into lost geniuses. ?In the ’60s, Scott Walker had a spooky, canyon-deep crooner’s voice that made him the missing link between Perry Como and David Bowie. ?As part of the Walker Brothers (known for ”The Sun Ain’t Gonna Shine Anymore”) and then in his solo albums, Walker forged an out-of-time mystique that is vividly captured here. Then he vanished, returning as a creator of avant-apocalyptic electronic dirges that ?the film tiresomely rhapsodizes over. B?
Scott Walker: 30 Century Man Scott Walker: 30 Century Man is the latest in a mini-wave of pop-music docs, like The Devil and Daniel Johnston, that try to...Scott Walker: 30 Century ManMusical, DocumentaryPT95MUnrated Scott Walker: 30 Century Man is the latest in a mini-wave of pop-music docs, like The Devil and Daniel Johnston, that try to...2009-02-27Plexifilm
Genre: Musical, Documentary; Director: Stephen Kijak; Runtime (in minutes): 95; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Plexifilm
Posted January 17 2015 — 1:02 PM EST
- Casting Net: 'Revenge' star Emily VanCamp returns for 'Captain America: Civil War'
- Jennifer Love Hewitt not returning to 'Criminal Minds': EW exclusive
- 'Kevin Hart: What Now?' and 'Barbershop 3' given 2016 release dates
- 'Mindy Project' axed at Fox; hope at Hulu?
- 'Vampire Diaries': Julie Plec on finale, Nina Dobrev farewell
- 'Last Man Standing' replaces showrunner
- Free Comic Book Day: 15 superhero must-reads
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- Chrissy & John, Reese Witherspoon, Charles Esten & More!