Scott Walker: 30 Century Man is the latest in a mini-wave of pop-music docs, like The Devil and Daniel Johnston, that try to inflate cult figures into lost geniuses. ?In the ’60s, Scott Walker had a spooky, canyon-deep crooner’s voice that made him the missing link between Perry Como and David Bowie. ?As part of the Walker Brothers (known for ”The Sun Ain’t Gonna Shine Anymore”) and then in his solo albums, Walker forged an out-of-time mystique that is vividly captured here. Then he vanished, returning as a creator of avant-apocalyptic electronic dirges that ?the film tiresomely rhapsodizes over. B?
Scott Walker: 30 Century Man Scott Walker: 30 Century Man is the latest in a mini-wave of pop-music docs, like The Devil and Daniel Johnston, that try to...Scott Walker: 30 Century ManMusical, DocumentaryPT95MUnrated Scott Walker: 30 Century Man is the latest in a mini-wave of pop-music docs, like The Devil and Daniel Johnston, that try to...2009-02-27Plexifilm
Genre: Musical, Documentary; Director: Stephen Kijak; Release Date Limited: 12/17/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 95; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Plexifilm
Posted February 27 2009 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Outlander' is becoming a war story, explains showrunner
- James Bond: Sam Mendes thinks 'it's time for somebody else' to direct
- Tom Hardy chats with Princes William and Harry at charity polo tournament
- 'Mother, May I Sleep With Danger?' trailer: James Franco's re-'vamp'
- Melissa McCarthy to 'Ghostbusters' haters: 'I hope they find a friend'
- Zac Efron shares 'High School Musical' throwback cast photo
- What is Essex Corp? 'X-Men: Apocalypse' post-credits scene explained
- The Best Summer Vacations in Movies
- See Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Photos From Disney Channel Original Movies
- Getting 'Close' With Nick Jonas: See EW's Exclusive Cover Shoot
- Carpool Karaoke: James Corden's Most-Watched Videos
- The Most Famous Swimsuit Scenes From TV and Movies
- See All of Entertainment Weekly's X-Men Covers