Scott Walker: 30 Century Man is the latest in a mini-wave of pop-music docs, like The Devil and Daniel Johnston, that try to inflate cult figures into lost geniuses. ?In the ’60s, Scott Walker had a spooky, canyon-deep crooner’s voice that made him the missing link between Perry Como and David Bowie. ?As part of the Walker Brothers (known for ”The Sun Ain’t Gonna Shine Anymore”) and then in his solo albums, Walker forged an out-of-time mystique that is vividly captured here. Then he vanished, returning as a creator of avant-apocalyptic electronic dirges that ?the film tiresomely rhapsodizes over. B?
Scott Walker: 30 Century Man Scott Walker: 30 Century Man is the latest in a mini-wave of pop-music docs, like The Devil and Daniel Johnston, that try to...Scott Walker: 30 Century ManMusical, DocumentaryPT95MUnrated Scott Walker: 30 Century Man is the latest in a mini-wave of pop-music docs, like The Devil and Daniel Johnston, that try to...2009-02-27Plexifilm
Genre: Musical, Documentary; Director: Stephen Kijak; Runtime (in minutes): 95; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Plexifilm
Posted January 17 2015 — 1:02 PM EST
- Angelina Jolie makes first public appearance since her surgery at the Kids Choice Awards
- Kids Choice Awards 2015 winners are...
- 'SNL react: Your quick take on The Rock and George Ezra?
- Hugh Jackman teases final go-round as 'Wolverine' on Instagram
- J.K. Rowling's 'Casual Vacancy' miniseries gets a trailer
- Sacha Baron Cohen as Freddie Mercury
- Justin Moore on touring with Miranda Lambert, new music, and getting to play Madison Square Garden
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- The Clooneys, Sienna Miller, Kate & Kate and More!