Scott Walker: 30 Century Man is the latest in a mini-wave of pop-music docs, like The Devil and Daniel Johnston, that try to inflate cult figures into lost geniuses. ?In the ’60s, Scott Walker had a spooky, canyon-deep crooner’s voice that made him the missing link between Perry Como and David Bowie. ?As part of the Walker Brothers (known for ”The Sun Ain’t Gonna Shine Anymore”) and then in his solo albums, Walker forged an out-of-time mystique that is vividly captured here. Then he vanished, returning as a creator of avant-apocalyptic electronic dirges that ?the film tiresomely rhapsodizes over. B?
Scott Walker: 30 Century Man Scott Walker: 30 Century Man is the latest in a mini-wave of pop-music docs, like The Devil and Daniel Johnston, that try to...Scott Walker: 30 Century ManMusical, DocumentaryPT95MUnrated Scott Walker: 30 Century Man is the latest in a mini-wave of pop-music docs, like The Devil and Daniel Johnston, that try to...2009-02-27Plexifilm
Genre: Musical, Documentary; Director: Stephen Kijak; Runtime (in minutes): 95; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Plexifilm
Posted February 27 2009 — 12:00 AM EST
- Trevor Noah to keep Jon Stewart's Daily Show producers
- 'Supergirl' taps 'Sons of Anarchy' alum as DC Comics villain Reactron
- Carly Rae Jepsen rewrites 'I Really Like You' for 'Comedy Bang! Bang!'
- Ice Cube says Dr. Dre is dropping a new album on Aug. 1
- New 'Faking It' trailer features a steamy Karmy kiss
- Keaton, McAdams investigate the Catholic Church in 'Spotlight' trailer
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Tyra Banks, The Madden Bros., Taylor Schilling & More!