It’s hard to believe, but this is the first major biography of the Georgia-?born-and-bred Flannery O’Connor, who brought ?to life a bedraggled collection of Southern misfits in dark, ?savage, sometimes deeply funny ?novels and stories like Wise Blood and ?”A Good Man Is Hard to Find.” (”When I’m asked why Southern writers have a penchant for writing about freaks, ?I say it’s because we are still able to recognize one,” she once said.) Diagnosed at 25 with lupus, O’Connor worked urgently, almost frantically, ?until her death at 39, churning out one critically acclaimed book after another. Thanks to Brad Gooch’s Flannery: A Life, she emerges once again, as quirky, passionate, and ?tart-tongued as ever. A
Flannery: A LifeIt's hard to believe, but this is the first major biography of the Georgia-?born-and-bred Flannery O'Connor, who brought ?to life a bedraggled collection...Flannery: A LifeBiography, NonfictionBrad GoochIt's hard to believe, but this is the first major biography of the Georgia-?born-and-bred Flannery O'Connor, who brought ?to life a bedraggled collection...2009-03-04Little Brown & Company
Genre: Biography, Nonfiction; Author: Brad Gooch; Publisher: Little Brown & Company
Posted March 4 2009 — 12:00 AM EST
- What to Watch This Weekend: 'Veep' hooks up with John Slattery
- Teacher suspended for showing high school class 'Human Centipede 2'
- Dan Trachtenberg to direct 'Black Mirror' episode for Netflix
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Grey's Anatomy,' 'SHIELD,' 'Blindspot' & more
- Hear the DJDS remix of 'Trust in Me' from 'The Jungle Book' soundtrack
- Jordan Peele on working with 'the cutest cat of all time' in 'Keanu'
- See the new trailer for 'Puerto Ricans in Paris'
- See President Obama's Very First White House Correspondents Dinner
- 13 Times Real Pain Inspired Great Art
- Destiny's Child's Best Matching Outfits Through the Years
- 'The Simpsons': See the Voices Behind Your Favorite Characters
- All the Photos From Beyonce's 'Formation' Tour
- 40 Celebrities Who Threw Out The First Pitch