It’s hard to believe, but this is the first major biography of the Georgia-?born-and-bred Flannery O’Connor, who brought ?to life a bedraggled collection of Southern misfits in dark, ?savage, sometimes deeply funny ?novels and stories like Wise Blood and ?”A Good Man Is Hard to Find.” (”When I’m asked why Southern writers have a penchant for writing about freaks, ?I say it’s because we are still able to recognize one,” she once said.) Diagnosed at 25 with lupus, O’Connor worked urgently, almost frantically, ?until her death at 39, churning out one critically acclaimed book after another. Thanks to Brad Gooch’s Flannery: A Life, she emerges once again, as quirky, passionate, and ?tart-tongued as ever. A
Flannery: A LifeIt's hard to believe, but this is the first major biography of the Georgia-?born-and-bred Flannery O'Connor, who brought ?to life a bedraggled collection...Flannery: A LifeBiography, NonfictionBrad GoochIt's hard to believe, but this is the first major biography of the Georgia-?born-and-bred Flannery O'Connor, who brought ?to life a bedraggled collection...2009-03-04Little Brown & Company
Genre: Biography, Nonfiction; Author: Brad Gooch; Publisher: Little Brown & Company
Posted March 4 2009 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Lip Sync Battle' bringing back celebrity champs for first live special
- Explicit photos of Leslie Jones leaked after website hack
- Ryan Lochte in talks to join 'Dancing with the Stars'
- 'Dirk Gently' teaser promises corpses, cops, and a killer
- New York Film Festival: Carrie Fisher film joins documentary lineup
- 'The Royals' gets season 3 premiere date, shirtless Prince Liam pics
- Starz renews 'Survivor's Remorse' for season 4
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...