It’s hard to believe, but this is the first major biography of the Georgia-?born-and-bred Flannery O’Connor, who brought ?to life a bedraggled collection of Southern misfits in dark, ?savage, sometimes deeply funny ?novels and stories like Wise Blood and ?”A Good Man Is Hard to Find.” (”When I’m asked why Southern writers have a penchant for writing about freaks, ?I say it’s because we are still able to recognize one,” she once said.) Diagnosed at 25 with lupus, O’Connor worked urgently, almost frantically, ?until her death at 39, churning out one critically acclaimed book after another. Thanks to Brad Gooch’s Flannery: A Life, she emerges once again, as quirky, passionate, and ?tart-tongued as ever. A
Flannery: A LifeIt's hard to believe, but this is the first major biography of the Georgia-?born-and-bred Flannery O'Connor, who brought ?to life a bedraggled collection...Flannery: A LifeBiography, NonfictionBrad GoochIt's hard to believe, but this is the first major biography of the Georgia-?born-and-bred Flannery O'Connor, who brought ?to life a bedraggled collection...2009-03-04Little Brown & Company
Genre: Biography, Nonfiction; Author: Brad Gooch; Publisher: Little Brown & Company
Posted March 4 2009 — 12:00 AM EST
- Andrew Garfield compares making 'Spider-Man' movies to 'canning Coke'
- 'Under the Dome' will end this season
- Maisie Williams accepts Guinness World Record on behalf of 'Game of Thrones'
- 'Gotham' sneak peek: Barbara and Jerome cross paths in Arkham
- Uber offering free 'Mad Max: Fury Road'-themed rides in Seattle
- How the faith-based drama 'War Room' became a sleeper hit
- 'The Unauthorized O.C. Musical': Ranking the musical numbers
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Reese Witherspoon, Aziz Ansari, Brooks & Julianne and More!