As the gifted and troubled Phoebe, who lands the lead role in her grade-school production of Alice in Wonderland, Elle Fanning proves as coyly precocious as her older sister, Dakota — that is, she’s charming and annoying at the same time. Phoebe appears to have obsessive-compulsive disorder (or something), but Phoebe in Wonderland is so intent on celebrating her as ”special” that it quirks up the trauma of her issues. As the school drama teacher who tries to unlock ”the real,” Patricia Clarkson makes high theatrical solemnity funny. C+
Genre: Drama; Starring: Felicity Huffman, Patricia Clarkson, Elle Fanning, Bill Pullman; Director: Daniel Barnz; Author: Daniel Barnz; Release Date Wide: 03/06/2009; Runtime (in minutes): 96; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Lifetime Movie Network
Posted January 17 2015 — 1:02 PM EST
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- The Clooneys, Sienna Miller, Kate & Kate and More!