As the gifted and troubled Phoebe, who lands the lead role in her grade-school production of Alice in Wonderland, Elle Fanning proves as coyly precocious as her older sister, Dakota — that is, she’s charming and annoying at the same time. Phoebe appears to have obsessive-compulsive disorder (or something), but Phoebe in Wonderland is so intent on celebrating her as ”special” that it quirks up the trauma of her issues. As the school drama teacher who tries to unlock ”the real,” Patricia Clarkson makes high theatrical solemnity funny. C+
Genre: Drama; Starring: Felicity Huffman, Patricia Clarkson, Elle Fanning, Bill Pullman; Director: Daniel Barnz; Author: Daniel Barnz; Release Date Wide: 03/06/2009; Runtime (in minutes): 96; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Lifetime Movie Network
Posted January 17 2015 — 1:02 PM EST
- 'Outlander' boss Ronald Moore talks Geillis reveal, Claire's shocking choice
- 'Orphan Black' creators on series' sexy, surreal return
- Tatiana Maslany on 'Orphan Black' return, and 'totally changing up what people were going to expect'
- Jonathan Crombie, seen as Gilbert Blythe in 'Anne of Green Gables' films, dies at 48
- Johnny Kemp, 'Just Got Paid' singer, dies
- Star Wars Celebration: Jakku, BB-8 and other key takeaways about 'The Force Awakens'
- Two generations of heroes meet in new 'Star Wars Rebels' trailer
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!