As the gifted and troubled Phoebe, who lands the lead role in her grade-school production of Alice in Wonderland, Elle Fanning proves as coyly precocious as her older sister, Dakota — that is, she’s charming and annoying at the same time. Phoebe appears to have obsessive-compulsive disorder (or something), but Phoebe in Wonderland is so intent on celebrating her as ”special” that it quirks up the trauma of her issues. As the school drama teacher who tries to unlock ”the real,” Patricia Clarkson makes high theatrical solemnity funny. C+
Genre: Drama; Starring: Felicity Huffman, Patricia Clarkson, Elle Fanning, Bill Pullman; Director: Daniel Barnz; Author: Daniel Barnz; Release Date Wide: 03/06/2009; Runtime (in minutes): 96; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Lifetime Movie Network
Posted March 4 2009 — 12:00 AM EST
- Azealia Banks: Australian crowds are 'violent' and 'terrible'
- Exclusive clip from TV satire 'Shooting the Warwicks' is unreal
- Diane Keaton joins Jude Law for HBO's 'The Young Pope'
- Someone's made a 'Breaking Bad'-inspired coffee shop
- Netflix cancels 'Lilyhammer' after three seasons
- More Meryl, less Springfield in the new 'Ricki and the Flash' trailer
- Unwrap the red-band trailer for 'The Night Before'
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- The Hemsworths, Eva Longoria, Tom Cruise & More!