As the gifted and troubled Phoebe, who lands the lead role in her grade-school production of Alice in Wonderland, Elle Fanning proves as coyly precocious as her older sister, Dakota — that is, she’s charming and annoying at the same time. Phoebe appears to have obsessive-compulsive disorder (or something), but Phoebe in Wonderland is so intent on celebrating her as ”special” that it quirks up the trauma of her issues. As the school drama teacher who tries to unlock ”the real,” Patricia Clarkson makes high theatrical solemnity funny. C+
Genre: Drama; Starring: Felicity Huffman, Patricia Clarkson, Elle Fanning, Bill Pullman; Director: Daniel Barnz; Author: Daniel Barnz; Release Date Wide: 03/06/2009; Runtime (in minutes): 96; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Lifetime Movie Network
Posted March 4 2009 — 12:00 AM EST
- Casting Net: Jason Isaacs to play villain in Gore Verbinski's horror flick 'A Cure for Wellness'
- 'Stitchers' react: Ambitious premise loses its thread
- Jay Rock shares introspective 'Money Trees Deuce'
- 'Entourage' becomes next victim of 'Honest Trailers' treatment
- 'Paper Towns' trailer sets up the mystery of Margo
- Twisted Sister documentary acquired by Music Box Films
- Gillian Anderson-led 'Streetcar Named Desire' coming to New York