As the gifted and troubled Phoebe, who lands the lead role in her grade-school production of Alice in Wonderland, Elle Fanning proves as coyly precocious as her older sister, Dakota — that is, she’s charming and annoying at the same time. Phoebe appears to have obsessive-compulsive disorder (or something), but Phoebe in Wonderland is so intent on celebrating her as ”special” that it quirks up the trauma of her issues. As the school drama teacher who tries to unlock ”the real,” Patricia Clarkson makes high theatrical solemnity funny. C+
Genre: Drama; Starring: Felicity Huffman, Patricia Clarkson, Elle Fanning, Bill Pullman; Director: Daniel Barnz; Author: Daniel Barnz; Release Date Wide: 03/06/2009; Runtime (in minutes): 96; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Lifetime Movie Network
Posted March 4 2009 — 12:00 AM EST
- See the ultimate Marvel selfie from Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: 'Workaholics' stars DJ'd set at EW's Con-X
- 'Pokémon Go': Dwayne Johnson becomes new 'rock' type, Pokérock
- Michael Fassbender loves James McAvoy 'hard'
- 'Moana': Nicole Scherzinger, Alan Tudyk join voice cast
- Michelle Dockery leading up Steven Soderbergh's Netflix miniseries
- See all the movie trailers that debuted at Comic-Con
- 'Friends': See the Cast's Evolution Over 10 Years
- This Is What the First Lollapalooza Looked Like
- Comic-Con 2016: See Scenes From Marvel's Showcase
- Comic-Con 2016: See Portraits of Marvel Studios Stars
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 3 Panels
- Comic-Con 2016: Get Batty With the Cast of 'The Walking Dead'