My answer? Um…yes. If Justin Timberlake produced a 12-part series centered around corn husking, I would watch. A Timberlake-produced documentary on erasers? Sign me up! Justin producing a reality show about transgender veterinarians? Let me set my TiVo! Frankly, I’m a sucker for anything that JT is involved in (although Black Snake Moan kinda made me uncomfortable). So the news that the singer and MTV would be teaming up for The Phone, a reality competition in which people are set out on an adventure to win $50,000, made me quite happy. Timberlake showed a brief clip of the show when he was on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon (skip to 3:40 in the clip below) and it looked intriguing – kinda like a reality version of the 1997 Michael Douglas thriller, The Game. MTV announced yesterday that the series premieres on April 21 at 10 p.m. ET/PT. Will you tune in for The Phone, PopWatchers?
Posted March 4 2009 — 9:46 PM EST
- Michael Moore explains Donald Trump's strength in the Rust Belt
- Read an exclusive excerpt from Stephenie Meyer's 'The Chemist'
- Amazon names best-selling books of 2016
- Dane Cook blasts Nick Cannon for wearing turban
- WATCH: Rob Zombie talks about his love for extreme horror in new clip
- Watch the season 2 premiere of 'Con Man' — exclusive
- WATCH: Kevin Bacon makes a tough call in exclusive 'Patriots Day' clip
- 17 Star-Studded Celebrity Cookbooks
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2016: See Photos From the Catwalk
- Books Gift Guide 2016: 31 Books For Your Wish List
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem