Fifteen-year-old Dakota Fanning is negotiating to play Cherie Currie in The Runaways, the biopic of the ’70s all-girl band, according to Variety. Fanning is the same age as Currie was when she debuted as the lead singer of the Runaways with hard-edged tunes like “Cherry Bomb.” Twilight star Kristen Stewart has already signed on to play Joan Jett, who will executive-produce the film. Fanning is also booked to play a vampire in the upcoming Twilight sequel New Moon.
Posted March 5 2009 — 2:59 PM EST
- Q-Tip announces final A Tribe Called Quest album
- 'The Walking Dead': Negan's brutal kill scene recreated with Legos
- JoJo honors Selena with 'Dreaming of You' cover in hometown
- 'Supernatural': Ackles, Padalecki discuss the effects of Mary's choice
- 'Pitch' EP explains the heartbreaking reveal behind the premiere twist
- Bryan Cranston performs dramatic reading of 'Shout Out to My Ex'
- Stephen Colbert scolds Run the Jewels for suggestive new Halloween song