Fifteen-year-old Dakota Fanning is negotiating to play Cherie Currie in The Runaways, the biopic of the ’70s all-girl band, according to Variety. Fanning is the same age as Currie was when she debuted as the lead singer of the Runaways with hard-edged tunes like “Cherry Bomb.” Twilight star Kristen Stewart has already signed on to play Joan Jett, who will executive-produce the film. Fanning is also booked to play a vampire in the upcoming Twilight sequel New Moon.
Posted March 5 2009 — 2:59 PM EST
- Carpool Karaoke confession: Madonna made out with Michael Jackson
- Pioneering stand-up comedian Adrianne Tolsch dies at 78
- Jennifer Hudson's 'Hairspray Live!' performance had celebs cheering
- Relive 'Hairspray Live!' with all the best GIFs
- Jennifer Lopez teases 'Bye Bye Birdie,' NBC's next live musical
- Kristin Davis thinks the 'Sex and the City' story is 'not finished'
- The Weeknd will perform on 'The Voice' season finale
- This Is What the 2001 'Ocean's Eleven' Premiere Looked Like
- 17 Star-Studded Celebrity Cookbooks
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2016: See Photos From the Catwalk
- Books Gift Guide 2016: 31 Books For Your Wish List
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot