D.L. Hughley’s comedy show on CNN, D.L. Hughley Breaks the News, is ending as the comedian assumes new responsibilities for the cable channel, CNN announced on Thursday. In a statement, the network said, “D.L. approached CNN about being permanently based in Los Angeles, where hisfamily lives. To accommodate this, we agreed upon a new role where he will be acontributor for the network based in Los Angeles. We are eager to continue ourrelationship with D.L., who is a tremendous talent and a valued colleague.” No finale date has been set, but the show, which debuted last fall, will continue airing through this month.
Posted March 5 2009 — 11:20 PM EST
- Vanessa Bayer shares backstage photos of Jennifer Aniston on 'SNL'
- Box office: 'Moana' tops for second week, Disney sets industry record
- Marvel's 'Luke Cage' renewed for season 2
- Los Angeles Film Critics Association Awards: See the list of winners
- Hollywood responds to 'Last Tango in Paris' rape scene controversy
- Ezra Koenig gives John Lennon's 'Imagine' a 'Seinfeld'-themed makeover
- Morrissey cancels remaining tour dates
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big