How’s this for a Thanksgiving menu: marble rye, gourmet soup, suspiciously rich low-fat yogurt, and Pez. Yep, it’s a Seinfeld Thanksgiving. NBC has announced it will air a Seinfeld reunion special on the night of the holiday, Nov. 25. Called ”The Seinfeld Story,” the hour-long special will be hosted by Jerry himself and will feature clips and new interviews with costars Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Jason Alexander, and Michael Richards, as well as series co-creator Larry David. ”This special will focus on the early days of Seinfeld, and how it all began when it was the darkest of dark horses and had to overcome many obstacles, including poor media reviews,” NBC Entertainment president Kevin Reilly told Variety. Not coincidentally, the special is timed to air two days after the series makes its DVD debut, with the first three seasons of the classic sitcom being released on Nov. 23. Hey, and it’s also just in time for Festivus.
(Seinfeld: Globe Photos)
Posted March 5 2009 — 12:00 AM EST
- Sara Bareilles' 'Waitress' makes history with all-female creative team
- Paramount sets digital dates for 'Scouts Guide,' 'Paranormal Activity' under flexible release plan
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: J.J. Abrams (sort of) decodes 'Star Wars' cast photo
- 'Mad Max: Fury Road' wins NBR award for best film
- See Dave Grohl compete in a drum-off against Animal on 'The Muppets'
- Marching band masterfully covers Adele's 'Hello'
- Comic series 'The Black Hood' announces new artists