How’s this for a Thanksgiving menu: marble rye, gourmet soup, suspiciously rich low-fat yogurt, and Pez. Yep, it’s a Seinfeld Thanksgiving. NBC has announced it will air a Seinfeld reunion special on the night of the holiday, Nov. 25. Called ”The Seinfeld Story,” the hour-long special will be hosted by Jerry himself and will feature clips and new interviews with costars Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Jason Alexander, and Michael Richards, as well as series co-creator Larry David. ”This special will focus on the early days of Seinfeld, and how it all began when it was the darkest of dark horses and had to overcome many obstacles, including poor media reviews,” NBC Entertainment president Kevin Reilly told Variety. Not coincidentally, the special is timed to air two days after the series makes its DVD debut, with the first three seasons of the classic sitcom being released on Nov. 23. Hey, and it’s also just in time for Festivus.
(Seinfeld: Globe Photos)
Posted March 5 2009 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Breaking Bad' actor calls for more people with disabilities in Hollywood
- WATCH: Exclusive clip from 'Light Between Oceans'
- Stars put Jimmy Fallon to shame in dramatic game of Musical Beers
- The Must List: Sunday's VMAs, new Frank Ocean, and more
- Dave Grohl and Prophets of Rage cover the MC5's 'Kick Out the Jams'
- Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton, 'Seinfeld' cast 'bonked' by Jimmy Fallon
- Seth Meyers revises offer for Donald Trump show 'Chicago President'
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...