Singer-songwriter Jewel and Access Hollywood host Nancy O’Dell will not compete in season 8 of ABC’s Dancing With the Stars. Jewel suffered tibia fractures in both of her legs, while O’Dell’s torn meniscus will require knee surgery. Both women will appear Monday night on DWTS’ season premiere, during which casting changes will be announced. Rumors that Holly Madison would replace Jewel surfaced late Wednesday.
Posted March 5 2009 — 10:38 PM EST
- 'Transformers' teases new trailer in behind-the-scenes clip
- Vanessa Bayer shares backstage photos of Jennifer Aniston on 'SNL'
- Box office: 'Moana' tops for second week, Disney sets industry record
- Marvel's 'Luke Cage' renewed for season 2
- Los Angeles Film Critics Association Awards: See the list of winners
- Hollywood responds to 'Last Tango in Paris' rape scene controversy
- Ezra Koenig gives John Lennon's 'Imagine' a 'Seinfeld'-themed makeover
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big