Oscar-winner Robin Williams will have heart surgery to replace an aortic valve, CNN reports. The news comes after the 57-year-old actor-comedian was forced to suspend an 80-city tour of his one-man show, Weapons of Self-Destruction, after concerns over shortness of breath prompted him to check into a hospital. It’s not known yet when the surgery will take place. In a statement, Williams says: “I’m so touched by everyone’s support and well wishes…. This tour has been amazing fun and I can’t wait to get back out on the road after a little tune-up.”
Posted March 5 2009 — 10:01 PM EST
- Lin-Manuel Miranda live-tweeted commentary for 'Hamilton's America'
- J.K. Rowling loves Amy Schumer's book
- Chris Pratt encourages people to go outside and look for trolls
- Kanye West scored Kardashian family movies to 'Only One' for Kim's birthday
- 'Once Upon a Time' star says Robin Hood return provides closure
- Jason Sudeikis duets with Harry Connick Jr. as Harry Connick Jr.
- Chris Pine cast in Ava DuVernay's 'A Wrinkle in Time'