Emmy Award-winning documentary filmmaker Ken Burns (Unforgivable Blackness: The Rise and Fall of Jack Johnson, The Civil War) will no longer receive financial backing from General Motors, Variety reports. After 22 years, the auto company is ending its support, stating that the current fincial crisis “has forced GM to rein in such spending.” Burns’ final GM-funded project is the six-part series The National Parks: America’s Best Idea, set to air on public television this fall.
Posted March 9 2009 — 8:25 PM EDT
- Alec Baldwin calls out brother Stephen during 'SNL' debate cold open
- Benedict Cumberbatch to host final 'SNL' before election
- Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg set to perform in an opera
- 'Ghostbusters' director gets 'choked up' by supportive fans
- Miley Cyrus storms Virginia college to campaign for Hillary Clinton
- Lauryn Hill gives powerful performance of 'Rebel' on 'Charlie Rose'
- 'Jessica Jones' season 2: Showrunner promises all-female directors