James Hetfield, guitarist and lead singer of Metallica, was briefly hospitalized in Sweden on Sunday, forcing the band to cancel a concert in Stockholm at the last minute, reports the Associated Press. A spokeswoman for the band told the AP that Hetfield caught a stomach bug and was admitted to the hospital for dehydration. Although the rocker checked out that night, bandmates Lars Ulrich, Robert Trujillo, and Kirk Hammett told a crowd of 16,000 fans they could not put on their scheduled concert. Ulrich told the audience at the Stockholm Globe Arena that the band was “truly, truly, truly sorry.”
Posted March 9 2009 — 8:50 PM EDT
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Philinda finally going to happen?
- Adele endorses Hillary Clinton at Miami concert
- Stephen Colbert compares Donald Trump to Voldemort
- 'This Is Us': Dan Fogelman breaks down Jack and William revelations
- Trump-inspired 'Law & Order: SVU' episode gets post-election air date
- 'This Is Us': Milo Ventimiglia on Jack's fate
- 'Gilmore Girls' revival: New posters feature three generations, plus Luke
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers
- This Is What the 2001 CMAs Looked Like
- 'Smallville': Where Are They Now?
- Flashback to Taylor Swift's First Album Drop