Harry Potter continues to be a lucrative franchise. The Associated Press reports that a Dallas auctioneer has sold a soft-cover first-edition of Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone (the original British title) to a comic-book collector in Dubai for $19,120. The 1997 copy, containing an illustrated card signed by Potter author J.K. Rowling is one of only 200 in existence. The buyer reportedly snapped up the rare book for his wife, a Potter fan.
Posted March 10 2009 — 2:00 AM EDT
- Bryan Cranston performs dramatic reading of 'Shout Out to My Ex'
- Stephen Colbert scolds Run the Jewels for suggestive new Halloween song
- Amy Schumer on 'Formation' video backlash: 'It was never a parody'
- 'Grey's Anatomy': What's next for Owen and Amelia?
- Shannen Doherty opens up about cancer in emotional 'Chelsea' interview
- Halloween ComicFest 2016: Here are all the free comics you can get
- Joel McHale on 'The Great Indoors': 'We are equal opportunity offenders'