Melissa Leo, fresh off an Oscar nomination for her performance in Frozen River, has joined the cast of Treme, the HBO pilot from The Wire’s David Simon. She’ll play a civil rights lawyer in the ensemble drama, which tells the story of post-Katrina New Orleans through the eyes of local musicians, Variety says. As previously reported, the cast will also feature Steve Zahn, Wire vets Clarke Peters and Wendell Pierce, Deadwood’s Kim Dickens, and CSI: Miami’s Khandi Alexander.
Posted March 10 2009 — 9:40 AM EDT
- Strong first reactions to 'Rogue One' hit after premiere
- Bob Dylan thanks Nobel Prize committee for honoring his songs as literature
- Chris Pratt says his son thinks acting is 'stupid'
- 'Assassin's Creed': Final trailer has plenty of new footage
- Louis Tomlinson debuts new song on ‘X Factor’ days after mom’s death
- 'Insidious: Chapter 4' first look sees Lin Shaye facing her demons
- 'Sherlock' intense season 4 trailer: 'I love you'