Michael J. Fox, who was diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease in 1991 and starred on Spin City until 2001, is planning a return to television with a special on the effects of optimism. Michael J. Fox: Adventures of an Incurable Optimist, airing May 7 on ABC, will look at the literal power of positive thinking, and share details from Fox’s own life. For the special, the actor, husband, father, and Parkinson’s activist will travel to Bhutan, the tiny Himalayan nation so invested in it’s people’s well-being that it actually monitors the country’s Gross National Happiness.
Posted March 10 2009 — 1:47 AM EDT
- Pearl Jam's Eddie Vedder celebrates pennant victory with Chicago Cubs
- Kanye West won't go to the Grammys if Frank Ocean's not nominated
- 'Doctor Strange' reviews: Here's what the critics think
- Watch Lady Gaga rock through 'A-YO,' 'Million Reasons' on 'SNL'
- 'Man With a Plan': Matt LeBlanc on his 'bananas' new show
- 'SNL' sketch turns an innocent Halloween into a wild and crazy night
- 'SNL': Tom Hanks plays 'Black Jeopardy' as a Donald Trump supporter