Bristol Palin, 18-year-old daughter of former Republican Vice Presidential nominee Sarah Palin, has called off her engagement to Levi Johnston, the 19-year-old father of their newborn son, Tripp, People.com is reporting. The young couple shot to notoriety during last year’s presidential campaign, and became the target of many comedians, including Tina Fey in a Saturday Night Live satire of the VP debate between Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin and then-Sen. Joe Biden. In the skit, Fey, as Palin, said she was against gay marriage because she believed marriage was “a sacred institution between two unwilling teenagers.” About the split, Bristol told the Associated Press that she was “devastated.” Johnston said the breakup was a mutual decision.
Posted January 18 2015 — 5:51 AM EST
- Bruce Jenner E! show about life as transgender woman will air in July
- Bruce Jenner confesses Kim Kardashian was the first to know
- Kanye West helped Kim Kardashian accept Bruce Jenner
- Bruce Jenner to Diane Sawyer: 'The female part of me is who I am'
- Casting Net: Nikolaj Coster-Waldau to star in thriller 'Shot Caller'
- Christian Bale knee injury delays production on Fox's 'The Deep Blue Good-by'
- Jared Leto as the Joker: 'Suicide Squad' director tweets a photo