The 1988 Winona Ryder dark comedy Heathers is being developed as a stage musical. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Race to Witch Mountain director Andy Fickman, who got his start in theater, has been developing the production with his Reefer Madness collaborator Kevin Murphy, who’s writing the lyrics and book, and Tony-nominated Legally Blonde composer Larry O’Keefe. Earlier this week, Veronica Mars star Kristen Bell took part in a reading, playing the lead role. Whether or not she would take the role on stage is said to depend on her schedule. The musical is expected to be mounted as a regional production in 2010, then head to Broadway if successful.
Posted March 12 2009 — 10:05 AM EDT
- Watch Kelly Clarkson adorably forget the lyrics to her songs
- Katy Perry reveals which line of her DNC speech Orlando Bloom wrote
- Chandra Levy miniseries in works at TNT
- Nick Jonas, Demi Lovato send fans on scavenger hunt for concert tickets
- 'Pokémon Go' nests are reportedly spawning different Pokémon
- Disney changes 'Avengers: Infinity War Part 1' title
- Constance Wu says Matt Damon's 'Great Wall' perpetuates 'racist myth'