Scarlett Johansson has been cast to play the Russian femme fatale Black Widow in Iron Man 2, joining a cast that includes Robert Downey Jr., Don Cheadle, Sam Rockwell, Samuel L. Jackson, and the just-announced Mickey Rourke, according to E! Online. EW.com first reported Johansson was approached for the role after Emily Blunt stepped aside because of her obligations to Gulliver’s Travels, an adaptation of the classic tale toplined by Jack Black. Iron Man 2 is due in theaters May 7, 2010.
Posted March 12 2009 — 5:02 PM EDT
- How the 'Fuller House' set came to life
- Meet the new suitor of 'UnREAL,' played by B.J. Britt — exclusive
- Emily Blunt saddles up for 'My Little Pony' movie
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: 'Scandal' star Katie Lowes on THAT sex scene
- Watch Steve Angello's surreal new 'Tiger' video
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Colin Firth and Jude Law craft a classic in 'Genius'
- Ranking the magical elements from 'The Vampire Diaries' and 'The Originals'