Scarlett Johansson has been cast to play the Russian femme fatale Black Widow in Iron Man 2, joining a cast that includes Robert Downey Jr., Don Cheadle, Sam Rockwell, Samuel L. Jackson, and the just-announced Mickey Rourke, according to E! Online. EW.com first reported Johansson was approached for the role after Emily Blunt stepped aside because of her obligations to Gulliver’s Travels, an adaptation of the classic tale toplined by Jack Black. Iron Man 2 is due in theaters May 7, 2010.
Posted March 12 2009 — 5:02 PM EDT
- First trailer for Zoolander 2 asks one big existential question
- Valerie Harper replaced in play after hospital stay
- NFL legend Jerry Rice heads to 'Hawaii Five-0'
- Sarah Michelle Gellar wonders if daughter could be a ‘Future Slayer’
- Ronda Rousey pays tribute to ‘Rowdy’ Roddy Piper
- British singer and TV star Cilla Black dies at 72
- TV legend Norman Lear gives 6 strong opinions about American life
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!