Scarlett Johansson has been cast to play the Russian femme fatale Black Widow in Iron Man 2, joining a cast that includes Robert Downey Jr., Don Cheadle, Sam Rockwell, Samuel L. Jackson, and the just-announced Mickey Rourke, according to E! Online. EW.com first reported Johansson was approached for the role after Emily Blunt stepped aside because of her obligations to Gulliver’s Travels, an adaptation of the classic tale toplined by Jack Black. Iron Man 2 is due in theaters May 7, 2010.
Posted March 12 2009 — 5:02 PM EDT
- George Takei takes down Donald Trump's definition of 'traditional marriage'
- Pedro Pascal is a boss to die for — literally—in 'Bloodsucking Bastards'
- Bruce Campbell in 'Ash vs Evil Dead': We've got the first image
- Game of Thrones: HBO reveals awesome construction sets from McFarlane Toys
- Kim Kardashian: 'Call me a feminist'
- Macy's dumps Donald Trump
- Joss Stone shares video for 'The Answer,' dishes about new album
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files': David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson portraits
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Lupita Nyong'o, Amber Heard, Rosario Dawson & More!