Desperate Housewives star Eva Longoria Parker will executive produce a documentary about migrant kids who pick produce for sub-poverty wages, Variety reports. Called Harvest, the film is being produced by Albie Hecht and Susan MacLaury, whose Shine Global nonprofit company earned an Oscar nomination for the 2007 documentary War Dance. U. Roberto Romano will direct. Longoria Parker is known for her activist work with groups like the United Farm Workers andthe Mexican American Legal Defense Fund.
Posted March 13 2009 — 6:02 PM EDT
- Samantha Bee interviews women world leaders about facing misogyny
- 'Shaun the Sheep Movie' is officially getting a sequel
- Will Ferrell brings back Harry Carey to celebrate Cubs win
- President Obama admits to laughing at Donald Trump 'most of the time'
- Seth Meyers mocks Trump's Gettysburg address
- Tom Hanks asks Zoltar from 'Big' for yet another wish
- What to Watch Tuesday: 'This Is Us' goes to the Super Bowl (sort of)