Next year’s Grammy Awards will take place on Jan. 31, one week earlier than usual, due to a one-month shift in the release-date cutoff for the music being honored, according to a press release. Songs and albums released between Oct. 1, 2008 and Aug. 31, 2009 will be considered for the 52nd annual Grammys; previous eligibility windows have extended through the end of September.
Posted March 13 2009 — 10:00 AM EDT
- Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg set to perform in an opera
- 'Ghostbusters' director gets 'choked up' by supportive fans
- Miley Cyrus storms Virginia college to campaign for Hillary Clinton
- Lauryn Hill gives powerful performance of 'Rebel' on 'Charlie Rose'
- 'Jessica Jones' season 2: Showrunner promises all-female directors
- Cecilia Hart, wife of James Earl Jones, dies at 68
- Tom Cruise, Jude Law compare on-set underwater breath-holding stories