It knocks off the premise of the J. Geils Band hit ”Centerfold” — a puritanical high school virgin learns that his former squeeze has became a Playboy gatefold girl — but anyone who goes to see Miss March hoping for a voyeuristic, ?80-flavored T&A smutfest will be sorely disappointed. Though rated R, the film spends less time leering than it does indulging in poop jokes, epilepsy jokes, and how-violently-can-we-smash-someone-in-the-face jokes. Writer-director-stars Zach Cregger and Trevor Moore, of the Whitest Kids U’Know, here prove the crassest, most maladroit moviemakers you know. Cregger, as the virgin, is merely bland, but Moore, as his porn-minded buddy, tries to capitalize on his resemblance to Jim Carrey by acting like Jim Carrey; it would have helped if he had one-thousandth the talent of Jim Carrey. The film finally lands at the Playboy mansion, where Hugh Hefner appears as himself — a lot less spryly than he did in The House Bunny. D
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Zach Cregger, Trevor Moore, Craig Robinson, Molly Stanton; Director: Zach Cregger, Trevor Moore; Author: Zach Cregger, Dennis Haggerty, Trevor Moore; Release Date Wide: 03/13/2009; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Fox Atomic
Posted March 13 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Philinda finally going to happen?
- Adele endorses Hillary Clinton at Miami concert
- Stephen Colbert compares Donald Trump to Voldemort
- 'This Is Us': Dan Fogelman breaks down Jack and William revelations
- Trump-inspired 'Law & Order: SVU' episode gets post-election air date
- 'This Is Us': Milo Ventimiglia on Jack's fate
- 'Gilmore Girls' revival: New posters feature three generations, plus Luke
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers
- This Is What the 2001 CMAs Looked Like
- 'Smallville': Where Are They Now?
- Flashback to Taylor Swift's First Album Drop