It knocks off the premise of the J. Geils Band hit ”Centerfold” — a puritanical high school virgin learns that his former squeeze has became a Playboy gatefold girl — but anyone who goes to see Miss March hoping for a voyeuristic, ?80-flavored T&A smutfest will be sorely disappointed. Though rated R, the film spends less time leering than it does indulging in poop jokes, epilepsy jokes, and how-violently-can-we-smash-someone-in-the-face jokes. Writer-director-stars Zach Cregger and Trevor Moore, of the Whitest Kids U’Know, here prove the crassest, most maladroit moviemakers you know. Cregger, as the virgin, is merely bland, but Moore, as his porn-minded buddy, tries to capitalize on his resemblance to Jim Carrey by acting like Jim Carrey; it would have helped if he had one-thousandth the talent of Jim Carrey. The film finally lands at the Playboy mansion, where Hugh Hefner appears as himself — a lot less spryly than he did in The House Bunny. D
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Zach Cregger, Trevor Moore, Craig Robinson, Molly Stanton; Director: Zach Cregger, Trevor Moore; Author: Zach Cregger, Dennis Haggerty, Trevor Moore; Release Date Wide: 03/13/2009; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Fox Atomic
Posted March 13 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Star Wars' Live-stream with the cast of 'Rogue One'
- 'Supernatural' writer reveals 'Smallville' crossover that never happened
- 'Star Trek: Discovery': Bryan Fuller says he won't be involved
- '22 Jump Street' writer to pen spinoff about female cops
- 'Into the Badlands' season 2: Nick Frost joins martial arts drama
- Why Lynda Carter wasn't the Earth-1 POTUS of the Arrowverse
- WATCH: 'Rogue One' star Diego Luna describes meeting Darth Vader
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big