It knocks off the premise of the J. Geils Band hit ”Centerfold” — a puritanical high school virgin learns that his former squeeze has became a Playboy gatefold girl — but anyone who goes to see Miss March hoping for a voyeuristic, ?80-flavored T&A smutfest will be sorely disappointed. Though rated R, the film spends less time leering than it does indulging in poop jokes, epilepsy jokes, and how-violently-can-we-smash-someone-in-the-face jokes. Writer-director-stars Zach Cregger and Trevor Moore, of the Whitest Kids U’Know, here prove the crassest, most maladroit moviemakers you know. Cregger, as the virgin, is merely bland, but Moore, as his porn-minded buddy, tries to capitalize on his resemblance to Jim Carrey by acting like Jim Carrey; it would have helped if he had one-thousandth the talent of Jim Carrey. The film finally lands at the Playboy mansion, where Hugh Hefner appears as himself — a lot less spryly than he did in The House Bunny. D
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Zach Cregger, Trevor Moore, Craig Robinson, Molly Stanton; Director: Zach Cregger, Trevor Moore; Author: Zach Cregger, Dennis Haggerty, Trevor Moore; Release Date Wide: 03/13/2009; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Fox Atomic
Posted March 13 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Alessia Cara lends sultry vocals to Nick Jonas hit 'Levels'
- Lionsgate is making a movie out of a 'Night of the Living Dead' comic book spinoff
- 'Everybody Loves Raymond' reunion set for ATX Fest in 2016
- Kurt Russell rides again in the cannibal-western 'Bone Tomahawk'
- Snapchat original programming channel 'winding down'
- Beach House stream three songs from surprise album
- Tim McGraw drops video for 'Damn Country Music'
- 12 Instagram Photos of Pitbull Hanging Out with Celebrities
- 25 Unforgettable Dresses From the Past 25 Years
- Box Office Flops: 19 Notorious Opening Weekends
- EW's 25 Best Movies in 25 Years
- EW Reunions: Bonus portraits of your favorite TV and movie casts
- 'The Walking Dead': 15 Exclusive Storyboard Illustrations From Season 6