It knocks off the premise of the J. Geils Band hit ”Centerfold” — a puritanical high school virgin learns that his former squeeze has became a Playboy gatefold girl — but anyone who goes to see Miss March hoping for a voyeuristic, ?80-flavored T&A smutfest will be sorely disappointed. Though rated R, the film spends less time leering than it does indulging in poop jokes, epilepsy jokes, and how-violently-can-we-smash-someone-in-the-face jokes. Writer-director-stars Zach Cregger and Trevor Moore, of the Whitest Kids U’Know, here prove the crassest, most maladroit moviemakers you know. Cregger, as the virgin, is merely bland, but Moore, as his porn-minded buddy, tries to capitalize on his resemblance to Jim Carrey by acting like Jim Carrey; it would have helped if he had one-thousandth the talent of Jim Carrey. The film finally lands at the Playboy mansion, where Hugh Hefner appears as himself — a lot less spryly than he did in The House Bunny. D
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Zach Cregger, Trevor Moore, Craig Robinson, Molly Stanton; Director: Zach Cregger, Trevor Moore; Author: Zach Cregger, Dennis Haggerty, Trevor Moore; Release Date Wide: 03/13/2009; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Fox Atomic
Posted March 13 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Beyonce postpones 'Formation' tour's Nashville concert stop
- 'The Martian' extended cut has 10 minutes of extra footage
- Woody Harrelson denied medical marijuana dispensary license: Report
- WATCH: How Ryan Gosling put Margaret Qualley at ease on 'Nice Guys'
- 'That '70s Show' cast reunite on the set of Netflix's 'The Ranch'
- 'Scandal' stars tour the White House ahead of Correspondents' Dinner
- See President Obama's Very First White House Correspondents Dinner
- 13 Times Real Pain Inspired Great Art
- Destiny's Child's Best Matching Outfits Through the Years
- 'The Simpsons': See the Voices Behind Your Favorite Characters
- All the Photos From Beyonce's 'Formation' Tour
- 40 Celebrities Who Threw Out The First Pitch