In Race to Witch Mountain, Dwayne ”the Rock” Johnson plays a lonely taxi driver. Is he, per Robert De Niro’s Travis Bickle, awaiting the day when a real rain will come and wash the scum off the streets? Hey, maybe he is, But we never find out, because — as this is a remake of the beloved 1975 Disney movie Escape to Witch Mountain — he’s soon too busy helping two cute alien kids avoid government agents and (some sort of extraterrestrial robot assassin) to have time for such apocalyptic thoughts. Helpfully, the planet-hopping children have special talents — telekinesis, telepathy etc. — although it is the high-wattage lovability of Mr Rock that’s the real superpower on display here. B
Genre: Action/Adventure, Comedy; Starring: Carla Gugino, Dwayne ''The Rock'' Johnson, AnnaSophia Robb, Christine Lakin, Cheech Marin; Director: Andy Fickman; Author: Mark Bomback, Andy Fickman, Matt Lopez; Release Date Wide: 03/13/2009; Runtime (in minutes): 99; Distributor: Walt Disney Pictures
Posted March 13 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Jennifer Lawrence has a life-changing idea in new 'Joy' teaser
- Erykah Badu calls out Iggy Azalea at Soul Train Awards
- Joey Feek gives update on wife Rory's cancer diagnosis
- 'Quantico' postmortem: Who's gone from the Academy?
- 'Walking Dead' prologue scene sets up Negan, second half of season 6
- 'The Walking Dead': Did the midseason finale satisfy?
- See My Morning Jacket cover Eagles of Death Metal