In Race to Witch Mountain, Dwayne ”the Rock” Johnson plays a lonely taxi driver. Is he, per Robert De Niro’s Travis Bickle, awaiting the day when a real rain will come and wash the scum off the streets? Hey, maybe he is, But we never find out, because — as this is a remake of the beloved 1975 Disney movie Escape to Witch Mountain — he’s soon too busy helping two cute alien kids avoid government agents and (some sort of extraterrestrial robot assassin) to have time for such apocalyptic thoughts. Helpfully, the planet-hopping children have special talents — telekinesis, telepathy etc. — although it is the high-wattage lovability of Mr Rock that’s the real superpower on display here. B
Genre: Action/Adventure, Comedy; Starring: Carla Gugino, Dwayne ''The Rock'' Johnson, AnnaSophia Robb, Christine Lakin, Cheech Marin; Director: Andy Fickman; Author: Mark Bomback, Andy Fickman, Matt Lopez; Release Date Wide: 03/13/2009; Runtime (in minutes): 99; Distributor: Walt Disney Pictures
Posted March 13 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Comic-Con: See photos from the Harley Quinn costume contest
- 16 can't-miss Comic-Con Boomerangs from EW's Instagram account
- '24: Legacy' exists in same Jack Bauer universe
- 'Sherlock' Comic-Con panel reveals three key names to tease season 4
- Miles Teller joins Keith Urban onstage for 'My Girl'
- Comic-Con 2016: 'Supernatural' reveals Sam's fate
- Leslie Jones calls for peace after racist Twitter posts: 'Hug someone'