In Race to Witch Mountain, Dwayne ”the Rock” Johnson plays a lonely taxi driver. Is he, per Robert De Niro’s Travis Bickle, awaiting the day when a real rain will come and wash the scum off the streets? Hey, maybe he is, But we never find out, because — as this is a remake of the beloved 1975 Disney movie Escape to Witch Mountain — he’s soon too busy helping two cute alien kids avoid government agents and (some sort of extraterrestrial robot assassin) to have time for such apocalyptic thoughts. Helpfully, the planet-hopping children have special talents — telekinesis, telepathy etc. — although it is the high-wattage lovability of Mr Rock that’s the real superpower on display here. B
Genre: Action/Adventure, Comedy; Starring: Carla Gugino, Dwayne ''The Rock'' Johnson, AnnaSophia Robb, Christine Lakin, Cheech Marin; Director: Andy Fickman; Author: Mark Bomback, Andy Fickman, Matt Lopez; Release Date Wide: 03/13/2009; Runtime (in minutes): 99; Distributor: Walt Disney Pictures
Posted March 13 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Can the 'Legends of Tomorrow' ever truly defeat Vandal Savage?
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Ryan Reynolds on how he was forced into 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine'
- Casting Net: Taraji P. Henson to star in Hidden Figures
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Ellen Pompeo on Meredith-centric midseason return
- Nasim Pedrad to play teenage boy in Fox pilot 'Chad: An American Boy'
- A house divided in 'House of Cards' season 4 trailer
- 'Gilmore Girls' revival casts former 'Bunheads' star Sutton Foster
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs
- See '90s Stars at the 1996 'Broken Arrow' Premiere
- 35 Tom Hiddleston Photos For His 35th Birthday