In Race to Witch Mountain, Dwayne ”the Rock” Johnson plays a lonely taxi driver. Is he, per Robert De Niro’s Travis Bickle, awaiting the day when a real rain will come and wash the scum off the streets? Hey, maybe he is, But we never find out, because — as this is a remake of the beloved 1975 Disney movie Escape to Witch Mountain — he’s soon too busy helping two cute alien kids avoid government agents and (some sort of extraterrestrial robot assassin) to have time for such apocalyptic thoughts. Helpfully, the planet-hopping children have special talents — telekinesis, telepathy etc. — although it is the high-wattage lovability of Mr Rock that’s the real superpower on display here. B
Genre: Action/Adventure, Comedy; Starring: Carla Gugino, Dwayne ''The Rock'' Johnson, AnnaSophia Robb, Christine Lakin, Cheech Marin; Director: Andy Fickman; Author: Mark Bomback, Andy Fickman, Matt Lopez; Release Date Wide: 03/13/2009; Runtime (in minutes): 99; Distributor: Walt Disney Pictures
Posted March 13 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Shia LaBeouf arrested in Austin for public intoxication
- The 'Robot Chicken' cast can't stop talking about 'Pretty Little Liars'
- 'Mr. Robot' cast reveal how they recover from intense scenes
- Fox cuts 'Minority Report' order to 10 episodes
- 'Con Man' panel fulfilled our 'Firefly' dreams at New York Comic Con
- Clark Gregg on whether 'Agents of SHIELD' will ever encounter mutants
- Watch Aladdin and Jasmine reunite for 'A Whole New World'