On the heels of a very successful opening weekend for Race To Witch Mountain, Walt Disney Studios has inked a deal with Mountain helmer Andy Fickman to direct Monster Attack Network, according to Variety. The adaptation is based on a 2007 AIT/Planet Lar graphic novel, about a team of first-responders who guard the citizens of a Pacific island that’s frequently attacked by giant sea monsters. The graphic novel was written by EW’s Marc Bernardin and Adam Freeman, and illustrated by Nima Sorat. “We’re thrilled at the news,” Bernardin tells EW.com. “The fact that Disney gave our book to one of their rising starsmeans that they’re serious about making it the ginormousmonster-attacking spectacle we always hoped it would be. Plus, it meansthey might actually make Monster Attack Network toys…which would justtickle me breathless.”
Posted March 16 2009 — 1:58 PM EDT
- Lin-Manuel Miranda live-tweeted commentary for 'Hamilton's America'
- J.K. Rowling loves Amy Schumer's book
- Chris Pratt encourages people to go outside and look for trolls
- Kanye West scored Kardashian family movies to 'Only One' for Kim's birthday
- 'Once Upon a Time' star says Robin Hood return provides closure
- Jason Sudeikis duets with Harry Connick Jr. as Harry Connick Jr.
- Chris Pine cast in Ava DuVernay's 'A Wrinkle in Time'