Comedy Central’s Colbert Report will tape a week’s worth of shows in the Persian Gulf while on a USO entertainment tour, Stephen Colbert has announced. Though he couldn’t reveal when or where – “All I will say is that there there will be sand, and people who wish we would leave” – he did joke that tickets were still available at GoArmy.com. “The Colbert Report will be the first TV show in USO history to produce more than one episode in a combat zone,” Comedy Central proudly states in a press release. I suppose the network does have reason to boast. After all, it groomed Colbert for this moment years ago. Watch the classic Daily Show clip below:
Posted March 18 2009 — 9:00 PM EDT
- Ryan Adams is done covering albums after Taylor Swift's '1989'
- Watch the first two episodes of Hulu's 'Freakish'
- Hanson sang the national anthem the last time Cleveland made the World Series
- 'DWTS' used the 'Outlander' theme song — and it went over big
- Michael Gleason, 'Remington Steele' co-creator, dies at 78
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Can the team work with Daisy and Ghost Rider?
- Trump launches surreal nightly newscast