In the big-screen adaptation of Stephenie Meyer’s teen-vampire sensation, Robert Pattinson is as dreamy as James Dean after a visit to Project Runway’s L’Oréal Paris makeup room. But he’s also a neck biter without bite. There’s no threat of violence or sex beneath his haunted good looks. And that’s a pretty big obstacle for any vampire movie to get around (although apparently not big enough to prevent it from being a huge box office hit). Stewart is memorably moody as Bella, but the story is repetitive and corny where it should be romantic. Twilight is like The Lost Boys, if The Lost Boys were rewritten by a ninth grader who dots her i’s with hearts. The EXTRAS on the two-disc edition include an extensive page-to-screen making-of doc and a smattering of extended and deleted scenes with more flirting and smooching. B?
Genre: Action/Adventure, Romance; Starring: Kristen Stewart, Taylor Lautner; Director: Catherine Hardwicke; Author: Melissa Rosenberg; Release Date Wide: 11/21/2008; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 121; MPAA Rating: PG-13
Posted March 18 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'X-Men' alum Famke Janssen joins 'How to Get Away with Murder'
- Bottoms up! Here's your 'Bachelor in Paradise' drinking game
- New Dirk Gently TV show in the works from Chronicle writer
- See Joseph Gordon-Levitt try Snapchat for the first time
- Director talks about Dr. Dre on the set of 'Straight Outta Compton'
- Chris Pratt wants fans to design his Facebook cover photo
- Lost F. Scott Fitzgerald story to be published after 76 years
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Amy Poehler, Justin Theroux, Rihanna & More!