Usually, I can’t stand precocious children in movies or sitcoms. You know, the ones that pop into a scene and obnoxiously deliver a line that’s unnaturally funny for a child their age. (I’m looking at you, any child to ever appear in a CBS sitcom!) But I turned a new leaf last night during the young Bobb’e J. Thompson’s cameo on 30 Rock as Tracy Jr. (brother to George Foreman). Now, I loved the kid during Role Models – he practically stole the entire movie – but his hysterical blink-and-you-missed-it appearance on last night’s show proved he’s the funniest kid to break out in Hollywood since Spanky McFarland. Seriously, Thompson held his own against Alec Baldwin! And he looks great in a suit! Even though Thompson has some movies lined up, I’m a selfish person: I want to see the kid nab his own TV show so he can grace my TV screen each week. Who’s with me? Who thinks Thompson deserves his own series?
Posted March 20 2009 — 4:00 PM EDT
- Phil Collins talks about (almost!) working with Adele
- Kristen Wiig dresses up as Peyton Manning for 'Tonight Show' interview
- See Walk the Moon become superheroes in 'Work This Body' music video
- Best Songs of the Week: Beyoncé, Bon Iver, and Sturgill Simpson
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens': Lego builds life-size Finn, Poe, Captain Phasma
- Ryan Reynolds gives his honest rating for 'Green Lantern'
- Hear Death Cab for Cutie and Kanye West's unofficial mash-up album