Colbert Nation strikes again: The top vote-getter in NASA’s contest to name a new room on the international space station is Colbert. According to the AP, 230,539 people voted for the satirist’s name, beating out NASA’s most popular suggestion, Serenity, by over 40,000 votes. The contest rules say that NASA will “take into consideration” the results of the vote, but that those results are “non-binding,” so it’s not clear yet what name the agency will select.
Posted March 24 2009 — 9:57 AM EDT
- WATCH: 'True Memoirs of an International Assassin' exclusive clip
- Alessia Cara debuts new 'Moana' song written by Lin-Manuel Miranda
- New Music Friday: 8 releases you need to hear now
- Steven Yeun already has a new gig after 'The Walking Dead'
- What to Watch This Weekend: 'Tracey Ullman's Show' premieres
- Lady Gaga changes lyrics to ‘Trayvon Angel’ at final Dive Bar Tour set
- Classic horror movies get the David S. Pumpkins treatment