A shrewdly made documentary about the rise and fall of Plato’s Retreat, the infamous Manhattan sex club of the ’70s and ’80s. ? A lot of the patrons were suburban schlubs, and the movie does justice to their odd… normality. The least classy person there ?was owner Larry Levenson, a nudnick who ?made the nightly bacchanals feel as friendly — ?and about as sexy — as a bar mitzvah. American Swing drolly evokes this Romper Room of middle-class exhibitionism, with its petri dish of a swimming pool and its icky lasagna-?and-chicken buffet. Plato’s Retreat was a buffet of bodies, and the film catches the moment America could think that was tasty. A?
American Swing A shrewdly made documentary about the rise and fall of Plato's Retreat, the infamous Manhattan sex club of the '70s and '80s. ? A lot of the patrons...American SwingDocumentaryKeith ReamerPT80MUnrated A shrewdly made documentary about the rise and fall of Plato's Retreat, the infamous Manhattan sex club of the '70s and '80s. ? A lot of the patrons...2009-03-25Magnolia Pictures
Genre: Documentary; Director: Jon Hart, Matthew Kaufman; Author: Keith Reamer; Runtime (in minutes): 80; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Magnolia Pictures
Posted January 17 2015 — 1:02 PM EST
- Orlando Jones departs 'Sleepy Hollow': What's next for the show?
- Geekly Mailbag: Let's talk about Black Widow
- Sofia Vergara speaks about her embryo lawsuit with ex Nick Loeb
- 'New Girl': Are Nick and Jess still hooking up?
- 'You're the Worst' casts former 'Office' actor for season 2
- 'Suicide Squad': Who's who in the new cast photo
- EW's 2015 Baby Power List: Princess Charlotte debuts at...?
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Britney Spears, Orlando Bloom, Solange & More!