Charlie (Jesse Eisenberg) is a tweedy, cautious East Coast college kid who winds up playing campus host to Mick (Jason Ritter), the boyishly sexy sociopath he secretly ratted out to the police when they were kids. The director is Limp Bizkit’s Fred Durst, who in his second film to be released proves again his theatrical chops. If there’s a Durstian element in The Education of Charlie Banks, it’s the note of sympathy he tries to strike for Mick the rebel invader, even as the guy is beating people to a pulp. The sympathy doesn’t take (which throws the movie off), but Ritter, who’s like the young Ethan Hawke on a bender of violence, is an actor to watch. B?
Genre: Drama; Starring: Jesse Eisenberg, Jason Ritter, Eva Amurri, Chris Marquette; Director: Fred Durst; Author: Peter Elkoff; Release Date Limited: 03/27/2009; Runtime (in minutes): 100; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Anchor Bay Entertainment
Posted March 25 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Supernatural': Jensen Ackles talks season 11's female big bad
- See the Foo Fighters rock out with Blues Traveler's John Popper
- Hootie explains how he got name-checked in 'Mo Money Mo Problems'
- 9 little-known facts about Rihanna's first album
- Faith-based drama in tight race with 'Straight Outta Compton' at box office
- Liam Payne turns 22! See his most GIF-able moments
- Venice Film Festival premiere of star-studded Martin Scorsese short canceled
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Darius Rucker, Paris Hilton, Nick & Pharrell and More!